Bionic dropping data service

jake86us

Reaction score
is any other person having problems with their droid bionic dropping the data service? It happens while im using the browser and/or using apps that use data. just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem. I can't figure out if it is a software or hardware problem.

angelbowler

Reaction score
is any other person having problems with their droid bionic dropping the data service? It happens while im using the browser and/or using apps that use data. just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem. I can't figure out if it is a software or hardware problem.

Mine is and lost data for two days. Just found out the box to allow data was unchecked. That's the second time in a year the phone has unchecked it. But regularly data comes and goes. I have an app that tells me Verizon Wireless tower is out of service.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

swaggalicious_t

Reaction score
I 2 have had similar problems with data dropping & changing 2 3g instead of maintaining the 4Glte signal. Does it periodically...one minute its fine & the next its bonkers lol

cokey

Reaction score
I lost data almost a week now.. everything Is turned on but the data icon next to cell bars doesn't show up.. put sim in different phone same thing.. reset phone same.. haven't done master reset yet but co uldbit be a bad sim since it didn't work in another phone?

swaggalicious_t

Reaction score
My bionic does it periodically. As of yesterday was @ the hospital and the 4glte signal dropped to 3g for a while. When this happens I either have to put my device in airplane mode or rebooth it to force 4glte to reemerge. Also, it happened again earlier today where my battery was charged down and I shutdown my device to put in a replacement battery and got 3g once the device reboothed. I've also experienced totally lost of data signal with no 4glte or 3g icon available. When this happens I rebooting my device and it usually reemerges...just inconvenient @ times. Using the internet browser and updating apps can also contribute to my data loss, but it does and has happened randomly. Nosolution as of yet because when it happened before I was issued a replacement device.