Bionic car mount

saturnalius

Reaction score
Am I missing something our is the bionic car mount completely pointless. I set it up the way I assume I was supposed to. Mounted the base on the windshield and it sticks just fine no problem there. The phone has the verizon shell holster combo case on it so I took the adaptor piece out of the cradle for the phone and it fits in there and connects just fine. So the cradle had the ball connector at the end of it and I put it in the female end on the base, but the cradle won't hold the phone up. It's like the phone is to heavy for the ball and socket. I try to position the phone at a good angle but the joint won't hold the phone up and it just falls down to the point where the phone is pretty much face down on the dash. Even if I can get it to hold the phone up the first bump I hit or the first time I try to touch the screen it falls back down. Is anyone else having this problem our am I missing something.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Did you screw on the little collar first, and tighten that down after you put the ball in?

OP
S

saturnalius

Reaction score
I didn't see anything like that in the box.Is it a separate piece or did I just not notice it on the cradle.

OP
S

saturnalius

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking my box was missing that. It happens I guess.

OP
S

saturnalius

Reaction score
Oh wow mine didn't have the collar or the car adaptor. Definitely returning.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The car adapter doesn't come with the one from Verizon. I bought mine from Motorola directly. It's $60 for the full kit. I was just showing you the little collar you should have gotten.