Home made GNex Car mount

thisiswang

Reaction score
Little project I started.

purchased three items from ebay
Silver USB Sync Cradle Dock Charger for SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS PRIME i515 i9250 | eBay - $12
Usb A male AM to left angle 90 degree micro B cable | eBay - $5
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices - $3

The idea was to take the ipod mount and remove the ipod holder just for the vent mount. I clipped off the plastic mount pieces and superglued the cradle dock. to just the vent mount piece.
Then since its mounted onto the vent, I purchased a 90 degree angle micro USB cable which i can use to plug into my charger port.
all in all Less than $20 project.
I have a tablet mounted in my car already so I wanted something to hold and charge my GNex while I have the tablet tethered wirelessly to it. Will post pics soon.

IMG_20120225_115825.jpgIMG_20120225_115843.jpgIMG_20120225_115853.jpg

Also the reason I have the phone mounted in portrait mode instead of landscape is being the phone only is there for easy access, charging, and tethering to my tablet.

Reaction score
pics pics pics pics pics pics...

I was thinking about taking a mount for my a4 ac dash vent that was sold the the old d1 and epoxying a cruizer lite case to it. I would take the cruzer lite case and basically cut out 2 corners on the same horizontal side so that way i could slide it in but have an insert if you will to support or cradle the device. I am lazy... but definately get a few pics up. I love to see what people have crafted!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to see this,cos I know its gonna be Awesome.I just mounted on my VZW phone mount.Didnt want to put it on windshield,so bought some small screws and drilled some small holes and mounted in the perfect spot.DancingNexus

OP
T

thisiswang

Reaction score
Sorry guys, hoping to get pics up on Thursday 2/23. Been busy with getting work done on my house and also making a few mods to my car.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, hoping to get pics up on Thursday 2/23. Been busy with getting work done on my house and also making a few mods to my car.
Just messing wit bro,we do look forward to seeing what will be revealed on 2/23,all eyez are on you Mr.Wang.Gotta Love the Presser :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Looking forward to it!

Btw crank, I think it's bamboozled.:D

OP
T

thisiswang

Reaction score
having trouble with the cheap 90 degree charger. will probably revert back to an old motorola charger hopefully pics up tomorrow