This Droid car mount built?

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
Is there a way to connect the Droid to a GPS sandbag dash mount? It would have a circular female connection spot to connect the Droid to the ball sitting on the sandbag mount, to keep it from sliding.

If that is not describing it well, it would be a device able to connect the Droid to this object: Windshield Mount

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I understand your questions correctly, the Droid car cradle has ball joint that is the same size as the Garmin Ball Mount. You can use the Droid cradle on any of the Garmin ball mounts (well that is the case with my Garmin 750 mounts). Just loosen the ball clamp on the Motorola/Verizon car cradle and it will mount to the Garmin ball. I've used the stock garmin dash mount, the sand bag mount and the windshield mount you linked.

OP
Kevdog2834

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
Thank you for the response so quickly Bayou. Do you know where I can quickly find this connection? It somewhat sounded like the phone may have come with it (that may be too optimistic of a thought). I looked through Amazon and did not see what I was looking for without having to buy the whole unit. Do you know where I can find just the clamp to connect the Droid to the Garmin type connector? If not maybe even just some better search phrases to search for it via google?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The stock Verizon car cradle: Enter your location (I do not know how to rename this link. It should take you to the Verizon car cradle.)

The part that actually holds the phone will detach from the suction cup articulated arm and can then be attached to the Garmin ball mount.

OP
Kevdog2834

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
If you are looking for location I am at 20854 if that helps for a link to this. I am really excited to get this car cradle at a good price. Thank you for helping me with this.

OP
Kevdog2834

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. It took me to a suction cup accessory for the Droid though. You do sound like you understand me. Maybe the link took me to another item. Would you have any information on if I missed out on an item or if it was only showing the wrong item due to where I live?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. It took me to a suction cup accessory for the Droid though. You do sound like you understand me. Maybe the link took me to another item. Would you have any information on if I missed out on an item or if it was only showing the wrong item due to where I live?
The part of cradle that the phone snaps into is attached to suction cup articulated arm part by a ball and socket arrangement. The cradle comes off the suction cup articulated arm and can then be attached to the Garmin ball.

shooter

Reaction score
Garmin sandbag for Droid

The part of cradle that the phone snaps into is attached to suction cup articulated arm part by a ball and socket arrangement. The cradle comes off the suction cup articulated arm and can then be attached to the Garmin ball.

That's good news. In my state, it's illegal to mount anything like a GPS to the inside of the windshield. That's why I have a Garmin sandbag mount for my Nuvi.

But, since I now have the Droid, and know that the socket of the Droid will snap into the ball of the Garmin sandbag, I'm good to go. Thanks!