Bionic camera update?

wooddale

Reaction score
I downloaded the FX camera app works much better dont have to wait forever for green box no more than 1sec draw back cost $5. I do have one question though when I send pics to my computer there so big they dont fit on screen Im sure there is a way to fix that anybody know how? Like someone said earlier it works more like a real camera you have to point aim focus take

jayrod718

Reaction score
I use Sleek camera app it's free and has everything needed and takes photos instantly. It's one of the only free ones that doesn't restrict resolution settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
I use Sleek camera app it's free and has everything needed and takes photos instantly. It's one of the only free ones that doesn't restrict resolution settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums[/QUOTe

Wish Iwould of known that before I boubght this one. I looked but didnt see one.

jayrod718

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums[/QUOTe

Wish Iwould of known that before I boubght this one. I looked but didnt see one.

Haha, fx cam is still by far a better app.

jayrod718

Reaction score
How about the second half my question why do my pics get so big when I send them to my computer? I have to move the arrows just to see what the hell it is

It all comes down to resolution, 3264x2448 is the 8 megapixel picture size. Most pc resolutions are 1024x768 to probably for a great gaming pc somewhere at about 1920x1080. So with a picture that has triple the pixels that's why you have to scroll. A lot of apps on PC like Picasa Google will display the pic zoomed out to fit the screen.

gsDroid

Reaction score
You're in luck. Under the Scene settings in Camera there is a 'Steady Hand' setting (icon of a hand). I'm not sure, but I think it may be an image stabilization option.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's not an ISO issue, it's a sensor issue. Cameras in phones have tiny sensors so they cannot gather a whole lot of light. When you shoot with a sensor like this in low-light situations, you get noise. The noise is causing the graininess you see on the photos.

ISO settings (on digital cameras) mimick film speeds from back in the day. The higher the ISO number, the more sensitive the sensor (in this case) or the film (back in the day) is to light. This means, something with a higher ISO setting/rating will take less time to expose a shot at a lower ISO setting (all other things being equal). The problem with higher ISO settings (with digital cameras) is, you're more likely to introduce noise into the photo.

Now, some sensors are better than others at this. Some cameras are better at processing the noise to suppress it than others. But, at the end of the day, higher ISO settings will be more likely to cause more noise in a given shot.

With DSLRs, the sensors are a lot larger than what's in a phone (in the case of a full frame camera, they're downright HUGE compared to a phone). This helps them shoot at higher ISOs with less problems in the noise department. However, not all cameras are created equal. As I mentions some sensors are better than others. Some manufacturers use better software than others.

However, with today's technology, you aren't going to get much better than what you get out of phones in cameras (in general) in low-light situations--not if you want, "reasonably," priced phones that is.

As far as the Bionic's camera goes, I've not received my Bionic yet (should be here tomorrow) so I can't comment too much on it as I don't know if playing with various settings, using better technique may help significantly or not. From what I've seen, however, it's not really any worse than other cameras I've seen in phones (with a few notable exceptions such as the iPhone4 camera, which is quite good for being in a phone). So the jury is still out on the camera from my point of view.

Hope this helps clear up things for many people.

Of course it is a sensor issue, but having control over the ISO would allow you to possibly reduce the graininess. It seems to me that they are setting the ISO a bit on the high side in low light situations. If you could set it lower (and reduce shutter speed a bit to compensate) the pic should look better. You have control of it on the Tbolt, so I don't know why Moto wont allow it.