Bionic and hidden gmail replies?

LadyRev

Reaction score
Okay, I've searched this forum and haven't seen anyone post with the same problem, so wonder if anyone has any ideas about why on my Bionic, when another person with gmail replies to an email I sent, and when I open gmail on my phone I see that I have one new message in my inbox and it shows the thread in bold, but when I touch the message, it won't show me the reply - only the original message. And no, it's not that it's "collapsed" like when there are several messages back and forth where it only shows the latest one. It's the strangest thing. I never had this problem with my OG Droid. Until today, the only person that I had this problem with was my husband (freudian maybe? :p) but today it happened with another friend who also has a gmail address. If I log onto gmail on my laptop, I see the email reply just fine.

Any ideas? Anyone?

tbell6

Reaction score
Network conectivity issue, if so it'll fix itself with improved Verizon connectivity.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
L

LadyRev

Reaction score
Network conectivity issue, if so it'll fix itself with improved Verizon connectivity.

If that were the case, wouldn't I be having trouble with other e-mail messages within gmail on my phone?

tbell6

Reaction score
If your problem got better today, then it was part of yesterdays connectivity problem. Otherwise??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay, I've searched this forum and haven't seen anyone post with the same problem, so wonder if anyone has any ideas about why on my Bionic, when another person with gmail replies to an email I sent, and when I open gmail on my phone I see that I have one new message in my inbox and it shows the thread in bold, but when I touch the message, it won't show me the reply - only the original message. And no, it's not that it's "collapsed" like when there are several messages back and forth where it only shows the latest one. It's the strangest thing. I never had this problem with my OG Droid. Until today, the only person that I had this problem with was my husband (freudian maybe? :p) but today it happened with another friend who also has a gmail address. If I log onto gmail on my laptop, I see the email reply just fine.

Any ideas? Anyone?

I've personally never heard of that problem. But I can tell you that anytime I have an issue with Gmail I do the same: Menu/Settings/Manage Applications/All/Gmail/Clear Data. It will take the app a minute or so to recover and resync, but that has solved my issues every single time.

Good luck.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm having a very similar issue, when I open messages that have gone back and forth, none of the replies are collapsed, AND for some reason if I delete a message on my phone it isn't deleting on the server, so where I only have 4 actual unread emails, my gmail app still says something like 35 unread, then when I go to gmail.com all the emails I deleted are still there unread, I'm still having to use wifi to get a data connection most of the time... it's incredibly annoying and absolutely destroying my battery.

any suggestions