Cant send emails in gmail

pharmnatr

Reaction score
Hi All
Any time I send or reply to an email I get a "Sending" but the email never arrives. I receive all my mail in gmail but my Bionic doesnt send. It just sits there with a red sending.
I am running KIN3TX 1.0. System version 5.8.894
Any thoughts are appreciated

Al

dags5000

Reaction score
Go to manage applications... All list. Then find gmail and click in. Then clear data button. It will take a minute to resync but your problem will be fixed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

grap3_ap3

Reaction score
I'm experiencing this problem but clearing the cache or app data makes no difference for me. Gmail receives as usual and I can compose as expected, but when sending, the send button accepts my action then grays out, the mail never sends. I have to save the mail to draft then send from my tablet or another device. I have cleared the cache, the app data, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. Please help me understand what else might be affecting the send function. Motorola DX2 Android 2.3.3 Kernel 2.3.32.9-00003-gb Build 4.5.1a

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola DX2 Android 2.3.3 Kernel 2.3.32.9-00003-gb Build 4.5.1a

Can't speak to the DX2, but you might have to reboot. I had the same issue with my OG Droid and after clearing Gmail data I need to cycle the power.

Hope this helps.

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my X sometimes. I rarely send email from gmail but last time I did, the message was in my "outbox" and just had a red "sending" but the message never sent. I just opened up the message and clicked send again and it went thru. I did reboot before trying to resend the message though. I have had issues with gmail doing this in the past too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

grap3_ap3

Reaction score
Mine doesn't even get that far. When I click send, the button greys out, no "sending.." appears. It will sit there as long as I let it. Trying to push the send again fails. Leave the app and it requires that I save the draft but am consistently unable to send.