Big Droid problem!

Alster2005

Reaction score
My phone was going dead last night so I pluged it in to charge overnight. When I woke up the screen was blank. I went to plug it in again, because I thought maybe it wasn't pluged in all the way. When I pluged it in the screen was still blank. I unpluged it and took the battery out, and replaced it. Still nothing. Has anyone ever had this problem in the past? Please help me!:icon_eek:

naman919

Reaction score
is the little white light coming on by the usb port when you have it plugged in?

try plugging just the usb cord into a usb port of your computer. Maybe the wall inverter died. I dunno. just throwing something out there.

OH! your phone will come on without the battery. So if you pull it out and try plugging it into a wall or computer it should still come on. If not, i dunno.

Try the usb cord into a computer first. hopefully just the wall charger died.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Weird

I tried all that but nothing. It's funny you mentioned the white light by where the charger plugs into the phone. When I first tried plugging it it I thought I saw it come on for a second and then it went out. Thanks for the ideas though.

harrellj

Reaction score
Are you plugging it into the wall or into the computer?

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I tried both. Also when I take out the battery and plug into the phone the light comes on for just a second and goes out. It wont flash with the battery in. Its the light right where you plug into the phone. I think that maybe the problem. Verizon is sending me a new phone mon. She told me to make sure I install my battery and sd card into the new phone. I don't think it is a battery problem. Or at least I hope not because then I will have to wait for a new battery.

harrellj

Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like its more of a port problem. Is the new phone coming with a new cable? If so (or you already have a spare), try using a different cable just to eliminate that as being the culprit (whole lot easier to replace).