Bettercut zooming in too much

mootsucks

Reaction score
I've just recently had this weird problem with bettercut where creating a shortcut makes the image zoom in too much. I only see the upper left of the icon and the rest is just cut out.

I have reinstalled bettercut and have tried it with a few different icons / icon packs that worked before. Does anyone know how to fix this, im running .7.

I can post a screenshot too if that would help!

Alex K.

Reaction score
I've just recently had this weird problem with bettercut where creating a shortcut makes the image zoom in too much. I only see the upper left of the icon and the rest is just cut out.

I have reinstalled bettercut and have tried it with a few different icons / icon packs that worked before. Does anyone know how to fix this, im running .7.

You must theme your launcher, not Koush's launcher, not helixlauncher, not helixlauncher2. Home.

blnko6

Reaction score
better cut is not even letting me change the icons cause it forcecloses every time i try to edit any icon ;(

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
better cut is not even letting me change the icons cause it forcecloses every time i try to edit any icon ;(

I don't use bettercut but try fix permissions in rom manager.

Last edited:

blnko6

Reaction score

I don't use fix permissions but try fix permissions in rom manager.[/QU

first of, man jrummy thanks for the quick responce. I tried the fix permitions and re-installed better cut and still didn't work. oh well !!
I did the "red market" that was in the theme section and it worked for an hour or so by then it went back to the stock green color. that's why I was trying to used better cut to change some red icons I found online.
that's the story lol

OP
M

mootsucks

Reaction score

You must theme your launcher, not Koush's launcher, not helixlauncher, not helixlauncher2. Home.

1) I was working on the right launcher.
2) I wasn't really trying to theme anything afterwards, I created a shortcut to an application by long pressing on my home screen and doing everything the exact same. I have never had this problem with BB, the stock ESE81, UD or Koushes in general.

Is there any way for me to fix this? I don't know why the other guy can't even get it running, its working fine for me. Just the icons are zoomed in to the upper left. Ill post a picture tonight.

Alex K.

Reaction score

1) I was working on the right launcher.
2) I wasn't really trying to theme anything afterwards, I created a shortcut to an application by long pressing on my home screen and doing everything the exact same. I have never had this problem with BB, the stock ESE81, UD or Koushes in general.

Is there any way for me to fix this? I don't know why the other guy can't even get it running, its working fine for me. Just the icons are zoomed in to the upper left. Ill post a picture tonight.

Hmm, most people get the problem when they try to theme over launcher2.

I do not know, but to whoever was having the problem with the market icons, the market app updates itself, just like installer or cydia on iPhone, it just doesn't prompt you about it.

OP
M

mootsucks

Reaction score
Ok this is really frustrating. I now use rom-manager and did a completely fresh re-install of jrummy's .7 cyan theme with erasing data / cache and whatever.

I try to create a new shortcut now while running helixlauncher 2 (the one I like using) and it still gives me this ****. First it sais Sorry!; the application helixlauncher 2... has stopped unexpectly. [FORCE CLOSE]

I force close it and the icon is still zoomed in. This is the only single rom for this to ever happen to me, and I really dont want to have to stop using CM because of a glitch on the home launcher. Any ideas?

Alex K.

Reaction score
Ok this is really frustrating. I now use rom-manager and did a completely fresh re-install of jrummy's .7 cyan theme with erasing data / cache and whatever.

I try to create a new shortcut now while running helixlauncher 2 (the one I like using) and it still gives me this ****. First it sais Sorry!; the application helixlauncher 2... has stopped unexpectly. [FORCE CLOSE]

I force close it and the icon is still zoomed in. This is the only single rom for this to ever happen to me, and I really dont want to have to stop using CM because of a glitch on the home launcher. Any ideas?

No sir, I'm sorry. :/