Better then Sprint

nypd4324

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am so glad that I left the HTC evo family and now I joined the Droid X family but here is the one problem that I ran into and maybe someone can help me fix this horrible nightmare that I am in. ] have different kinds of apps and what I really would like to put it back to when I first bought it. Can anyone guide me and tell me how to do it from the beginning? And how to have the regular apps that were on there, just like I first bought it. Please I need your help. One of the apps that I can't take off is called Seek Droid. Thanks J

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
Some apps you aren't able to remove, without rooting. I'm not sure if seek droid is one of those, seeings how I've never really used my phone as stock lol.

OP
N

nypd4324

Reaction score
yes I am thinking of going back to stock because everything is going extremely slow not like when I first bought it. And what do you mean by root it, so at least I could learn?
And do you think that what I should do? Start from the beginning? JR

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community JR that is a good link the princess posted and rooting gives you superuser access to your phone similar to a windows computer. You can add and remove whatever you want just be careful what you remove. Rooting gives you a whole new world to android and customizing the droid devices. Def should give it a thought just make sure you read plenty to learn. Dive on in and feel free to ask questions. Hope you enjoy the stay and the X.

OP
N

nypd4324

Reaction score
Well I thank all of you for the input, honestly I feel better being in the Droid family and I will not leave this for anything with good people helping out. I would tell you this as much as I been here. For something I thought I was not going to get any answers, I got more than answers, I found good friends, Thanks a lot for all your help. JR........

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its no problem JR we are here to help out and have fun along the way. Glad to have you with us. Btw I'm James

Sent from my Liberated D2

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
awwww that was so sweet JR. thank u....now see james, that's the kind of response I love to read. well hope everything works out JR. btw...im Hawaiian princess. LOL jk im Leanne

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha yea glad to have some respectful future android holders aboard and awaiting the addiction

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
N

nypd4324

Reaction score
I am checking out this new app that is called, droid x recovery bootstrap has anyone ever heard of this app and if so can I be able to download this app?? Thanks JR

Jordan8

Reaction score
I am checking out this new app that is called, droid x recovery bootstrap has anyone ever heard of this app and if so can I be able to download this app?? Thanks JR

Its used to flash roms, make backups, etc. A pretty big chunk of this forum has used it at one point or another, to answer your question.