BestBuy Buy Back program?

Rotas

Reaction score
I am interested in what everybody is thinking about this program.
Is it worth actually buying to you guys, and why/why not?

Detonation

Reaction score
No, not at all. Pay an upfront fee to be able to sell your device back at a price less than used market price (ebay, CL), and only get a BB Giftcard instead of cash? No thanks...

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
No, not at all. Pay an upfront fee to be able to sell your device back at a price less than used market price (ebay, CL), and only get a BB Giftcard instead of cash? No thanks...

Yes sir they can keep that junk I will put this baby on eBay when another comes out and double that money they wanna give u

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
50% up to 6 months doesn't seem like that bad of a deal, depending on how much they actually charge for it. The DX has been out for about 6 months and it's hit or miss as to whether you can do better than $300 on EBAY, and that's before shipping and EBAY's cut. 40% up to 12 months out and you might come out ahead, actually, if you hold it almost a full year.

And the TB not being dual core means it's half-life will be shorter, but perhaps that might be offset by the rollout of LTE. Definitely hit or miss, though.

IanG

Reaction score
Lets say you get the Verizon iPhone at Best Buy. You pay $199 on contract (Retails for $749.99).

After a year, you want to use the Buy Back program (Free for now until a certain date, I forget). You technically would get 40% of the RETAIL VALUE ($749.99) back. $299.99.

That's not a bad deal in my opinion, and it's a for-sure sale too, not iffy like Craigslist or Ebay.

Even if you had an OG Droid that retails for $599 (guestimate), and after TWO YEARS you want to trade it in, you'd get $120 in good condition. Good luck getting $120 for a two year old phone on Ebay or Craigslist.