Best way to control dx with voice?

theTastyCat

Reaction score
Hey all - my DX is my first phone since I broke up with Windows Mobile, which I hate and will NEVER go back to. I cannot get enough of Droid - it's amazing to me that anyone is using anything else.

I'm sure voice command exists for Android, but I just haven't stumbled across it yet. I used the heck out of Microsoft Voice Command on my Touch Pro 2 - holding down one of the buttons put it in listen mode, and I could control the phone very well while driving.

I haven't found Android's counterpart yet. I have Vlingo, but I have to find the icon to open the program, then hit the "Tap & Speak" button to start it, which isn't as handy or eyes-free as just one hardware button.

Also, I really miss Bing - what's a good program to speak "Walmart, Nashville, TN" and have the nearest WalMarts pop up?

Thanks a lot.

Davidd31415

Reaction score
google voice definitely. I have mine mapped to the magnifying glass key hopely you have already figured this out.

Hey all - my DX is my first phone since I broke up with Windows Mobile, which I hate and will NEVER go back to. I cannot get enough of Droid - it's amazing to me that anyone is using anything else.

I'm sure voice command exists for Android, but I just haven't stumbled across it yet. I used the heck out of Microsoft Voice Command on my Touch Pro 2 - holding down one of the buttons put it in listen mode, and I could control the phone very well while driving.

I haven't found Android's counterpart yet. I have Vlingo, but I have to find the icon to open the program, then hit the "Tap & Speak" button to start it, which isn't as handy or eyes-free as just one hardware button.

Also, I really miss Bing - what's a good program to speak "Walmart, Nashville, TN" and have the nearest WalMarts pop up?

Thanks a lot.