Voice dialing is not working...

cadre.9

Reaction score
Hi. I cannot get voice dialing to work on my new gn3. I have voice control & hands-free mode on. When I press the call button on my blue tooth my screen lights up. If I open the cover a message tells me to 'tap the screen' to call; when I speak, nothing happens. I was using an older Motorola H720 blue tooth so I bought a new Jabra Wave and set it up- the same result. It seems the only way I can make a voice call is to open the cover and tap the screen, which makes no sense. With my old RAZR I just pressed the blue tooth call button and spoke my command.

What am I doing wrong?

sbhsquared

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, though I have gotten it to work sporadically. I've only had the Note 3 for about a week, so I figured I don't know what I'm doing with it yet. It seems like my old Razr had better voice commands. I wondered if the problem was incompatibility with the Motorola Roadster 2 I'm pairing it to, but I don't think so. It will answer a call through the bluetooth consistently, but getting it to make an outgoing call is the issue.

Also, the voice commands that are supposed to work with the music player - they'll work once, but not again. And the "Hi Galaxy" command doesn't always wake the phone up - it has to be asleep? I want everything to work seamlessly when I have the navigation up, because that's what I mainly do with my phone. Navigation, calls and music NEED to be voice controlled while I'm driving or this great big phone is going to be a huge disappointment....