Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Spigen [Tough Armor] Galaxy Note 4 Case
galaxy-note-4-case-spigen-kickstand-710x710.jpg

The Spigen Tough Armor case offers dual layer protection with a soft TPU interior casing coupled with a hard polycarbonate outer shell. The TPU case comes with a webbed pattern for superior shock absorption, and cushioned corners will ensure that the device stays intact in case of an unfortunate drop. To take advantage of the gorgeous 5.7-inch Quad HD display, this case also comes with a built-in kickstand that lets you enjoy the device hands-free in both landscape and portrait orientations. Available color options include gun metal, electric red, metal slate, and satin silver.

BUY FROM AMAZON $17.99

OtterBox Commuter Series Galaxy Note 4 Case

galaxy-note-4-case-otterbox-commuter.jpg

Unlike the heavy duty Defender cases, the Commuter series offers the perfect compromise between protection and form factor. The case features dual layer protection, silicone plugs to cover all ports, and easy access to to all buttons, which are also protected. Also included with the Commuter case is a separate self-adhering screen protector. The ability to choose between various color options for the inner slip cover and the hard shell outer casing lets you select the perfect combination to suit your style, while ensuring the best protection available for your Galaxy Note 4.

BUY FROM OTTERBOX $49.90

Spigen [Perfect-Fit] Galaxy Note 4 Case
galaxy-note-4-case-spigen-perfect-fit1-710x710.jpg

The Spigen Perfect Fit case is made from a premium polycarbonate material, and comes with a non-slip matte surface, providing excellent grip. As the name suggests, this case is slim, form-fitted and lightweight, and perfectly fits around the Galaxy Note 4, without drawing away from its design language. It may not offer the most protection, but if that doesn’t worry you, this is one of the best slim cases you can get. Available color options include black, white, and mint.

BUY FROM AMAZON $10.99

i-Blason Armorbox Dual Layer Hybrid Galaxy Note 4 Case
galaxy-note-4-cases-i-biason-710x710.jpg

The i-Blason Armorbox case features a polycarbonate hard shell outer casing coupled with a flexible TPU inner core, for great dual layer protection against accidental bumps and drops. The TPU core comes with a dot pattern for maximum shock absorption, and the case comes with a built-in screen protector to help keep the display scratch free. Available color options include black, blue, green, pink, and white.

BUY FROM AMAZON $9.99

Spigen [Strong-Flex] Galaxy Note 4 Case

galaxy-note-4-cases-spigen-strong-flex1-710x710.jpg

The Spigen Strong Flex case for the Galaxy Note 4 is made from a flexible, elastic, and durable TPU material with a matte finish, that allows for a soft and comfortable grip. This slim and form-fitting case maintains the general look of the device while offering great protection. Its shock absorption capabilities will go a long way in keeping your brand new Galaxy Note 4 safe from unwanted scratches and accidental bumps and drops. Available color options include gray, metal slate, clear, gun metal, and mint.

BUY FROM AMAZON $10.99

Feel free to add to this list by replying to this thread. Thanks!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Let us know what your favorite Note 4 case is!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I like the Otterbox commuter the best so far. I have also tried the spigen air cushion bumper.....it didn't feel like it protected enough

sent from my hot Note Pro!

jhom

Reaction score
I've had an opportunity to use 3 hybrid cases (polycarbonate back attached to TPU sides, top and bottom) - UAG, Samsung Protective Cover, and i-Blason Halo. Without a doubt, the best quality and fit cases are the UAG and Samsung. The i-Blason has a nice design but the fit suffers slightly. It is very slightly but noticeably "loose" on all sides of the TPU especially when compared to the UAG and Samsung. The UAG and Samsung have the most solid feel. The alignment of ports, holes, and button covers are fine in all 3 cases. All three give good tactile feedback when the buttons are pushed. All three have an 1 mm or more lip on the front of the case to protect the screen when placed down. All three cases protect the camera lens from being scratched when laying the case on its back.. The Samsung is the slimmest, followed by the i-Blason. The UAG is the bulkiest but clearly thin compared to an Otterbox or similar case.

For me the Samsung feels the best in my hand (I wear size Large gloves, but don't have massive hands). It is my daily carry case. It feels like it should be on the Note 4 right out of the box. I also like the UAG. It is my go to case when I carry the Note 4 in more aggressive situations where I potentially need more protection from possible drops. It is feels bulletproof. I like the basic design of the clear i-Blason, but compared to the qualities of the Samsung and UAG, it is not for me. In fact, I returned it because I just didn't see it being used all that often.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
^That's good to know. I've been considering the Samsung case. Is that the one they sell on their site?

I hear you on the button issue. My Spigen Neo Hybrid failed out to a Cruzerlite TPU case, because the power button didn't have that satisfying tactile click when I pushed it, no matter how I put the case pieces on.

The Cruzerlite took some getting used to as well, because it just holes cut out for the buttons, which leaves them pretty much flush with the case and provides great protection against accidentally pushing them, while giving that quality feel when you push them, once you get used to them being flush.

jhom

Reaction score
^That's good to know. I've been considering the Samsung case. Is that the one they sell on their site?

I hear you on the button issue. My Spigen Neo Hybrid failed out to a Cruzerlite TPU case, because the power button didn't have that satisfying tactile click when I pushed it, no matter how I put the case pieces on.

The Cruzerlite took some getting used to as well, because it just holes cut out for the buttons, which leaves them pretty much flush with the case and provides great protection against accidentally pushing them, while giving that quality feel when you push them, once you get used to them being flush.

Yes, it is the same case sold on the Samsung site. You can get the same case but less expensive on Amazon. Amazon.com Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case Protective Cover - Blue Cell Phones Accessories

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I was going to use my 50% off accessories code for that and the spare battery kit, but they never ended up getting the battery kit back in stock in time. That's a better price for sure than the full retail price that they're asking for on their site.

UPDATE: Awe man! But the red and grey ones cost a few bucks more than the blue one...The blue one's alright, but I'd prefer on of the others. My Neo Hybrid was black with red bumper. Maybe I'll just go with the grey since it's in the middle of the prices they're asking for them..

jhom

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I was going to use my 50% off accessories code for that and the spare battery kit, but they never ended up getting the battery kit back in stock in time. That's a better price for sure than the full retail price that they're asking for on their site.

UPDATE: Awe man! But the red and grey ones cost a few bucks more than the blue one...The blue one's alright, but I'd prefer on of the others. My Neo Hybrid was black with red bumper. Maybe I'll just go with the grey since it's in the middle of the prices they're asking for them..

Color is a personal preference. The grey/black is a bit staid for my taste and the red is not me. The blue fits me just fine. I think you will find the color changes with the lighting. It makes it interesting. But, whatever the color, the case feels perfect for me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Agreed. I went for the gray. The cruzerlite case I'm using now is plain black. I like to express myself elsewhere with color. Haha! I like the look of the pictures of the blue, but without seeing it in person, I'm afraid it won't look as good to me when I get it.

jhom

Reaction score
Agreed. I went for the gray. The cruzerlite case I'm using now is plain black. I like to express myself elsewhere with color. Haha! I like the look of the pictures of the blue, but without seeing it in person, I'm afraid it won't look as good to me when I get it.

I have a calibrated monitor, so the blue on screen is very close to the color of the case I got. I am debating on a grey one for when I'm in a more business environment. To some, cases are like ties. You have to have the correct one for the situation. No wonder the case companies make a fortune off of us!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have a calibrated monitor, so the blue on screen is very close to the color of the case I got. I am debating on a grey one for when I'm in a more business environment. To some, cases are like ties. You have to have the correct one for the situation. No wonder the case companies make a fortune off of us!
That's why I went with the grey one and why, even though it has lines like it's a circuit board and a bugdroid on it, my other case is straight black. That way, I don't have to change my case based on where I think I'll be and who I think I'll be around.

My car has black and red interior, so I was drawn towards that red one, but I think it'd scream to loud in the wrong settings.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
For those here that use the otterbox series. Are you able to still use the palm swipe for screen grab and dragging in from corner to multitask? I bought a defender style knock off and have lost those features. I'm going to assume with the narrow bezel on this phone most all cases will kill those options.

Note 4Tified