Best ROM/Kernal Combo for Battery life

steelhart

Reaction score
Any suggestions for ROM/Kernal combo's to help improve batt life.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:icon_ banana:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Hard to say now, there are several in development. Hearing the new battery kernel from Adrenalyne is doing really well. I'm watching the results of that one right now. I've been using Skyraider with King Kernel CFS #3 and liking it, too. Just pulled down FrankenROM and seeing how it does before tinkering with kernels on it.

haru3173

Reaction score
Haven't tried skyraider yet but I'm using Virtuous rom with adrenalyne's custom kernel and the battery life improved for me.

superbeefus

Reaction score
I'm still trying out roms, as this is my first week of being rooted. The latest stable Cyanogen with Setcpu profiles set to underclock under certain situations made for insanely better battery life. But I didn't like the Cyanogen gui, I was spoiled by Sense, so now I'm running Virtuous 2.7 in the same manner. While I'm enjoying better battery life than stock Sense Froyo, it's no where near as close to as efficient as Cyanogen. I haven't played around with any kernels yet myself.

S

spacemanps

i found that the Virtuous rom is one of the best roms i have used so far, its a simple enhanced 2.2 with the Revolution Theme and the virtuous custom kernel. Runs great and battery life is great.

Im not sure if the adrenalyne's custom kernel is the same as the virtuous custom kernel. so if someone can clarify that would be helpful

OP
S

steelhart

Reaction score
Just flashed FrankenRom will give it a try.I haven't tried flashing any kernals yet but am willing to if it will help with the batt.Looking for any advice.I have already learned a ton from reading what yall post, keep up the great work.