itwerk

Reaction score
Other than swype, what keyboard do you prefer? i have
The fire keys app and i think this only lets me use the
Native keyboard which sucks =/

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are two other 'swype' type keyboards that are actually available on the market (ShapeWriter and another, I want to say SlideUI or something like that, don't "" me though). ShapeWriter has been out for a while (on other devices, namely iPhone) and has gotten pretty good reviews. There's also several other threads on this already with various apps and reviews.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
For tapping keyboards theres "Better Keyboard" and "Smart Keyboard" which both have multi-touch on it.

Also I've seen that the fellows at alldroid might have a port of the HTC_ime keyboard.

I have to say Swype and SlideIT are my favorites though :)

Sal R.

Reaction score
Depends on the situation. While driving, I switch to the Talk To Me Keyboard.

I also like using Smart KB & Even better KB for the T9 input.

Reaction score
Swype + Physical gets it done for me. I also like Better Keyboard for the landscape virtual keyboard, but if I'm going landscape, I'm using the physical.

x25064

Reaction score
The native keyboard works absolutely fine for me. I type much faster on it then the physical, and much faster then any of my older "env" line of phones.

mjs31

Reaction score
I have better keyboard, Smart Keyboard and Swype. Although I bought the first two and used them, I find myself going back to stock every time. Not sure why, but I just do better with it than any others.

Droman

Reaction score
I currently use SlideIT and it is a great application. I generally send 30-50 email and text daily and this application has made it fun and efficient.

SlideIT is the first technology to combine three features: sliding, prediction and graffiti. and it's on the market.

roberj13

Reaction score
I'm starting to get really used to Swype, and for me it's kinda one of those, if you are going to use it, use it all the time kinda thing. I do have Better Keyboard installed and that's what I used 100 percent of the time before Swype.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I've been using Swype for a couple months, but I just installed SlideIT today and it's rea cool so far. I think its a keeper.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've also been using Swype for awhile now and like it very much. I recently installed both Shapewriter and SlideIt for comparison. Though I still prefer Swype I've decided to try SlideIt exclusively for awhile to see if I can overcome my preference for Swype in view of the fact that it may disappear at any time.

In general, my advice about any of these keyboards is to give them awhile to become accustomed to their feel and features. I think my preference for Swype, for example, is at least in part the result of having used it far more than the others.

P.S. I've had continuing problems with Shapewriter. I'm not sure why. I just seem to make more mistakes consistently with it than with either of the other two.

mjs31

Reaction score
I am changing my answer. I originally said stock but the new iphone skin and arrow buttons on smart keyboard easily win the top spot. True multi touch (push two keys at same time and let go then you will see both register) is great, the arrow options which I have set to show with a swype up allow for easy selection for cut and paste similar to the physical keyboard. However, the new iphone skin key layout has me typing the most accurate I ever have. Do yourself a favor and try this out. Make sure to select this skin in settings.