best keyboard for android?

mjs31

Reaction score
yeah, thanks for ellaborating

Hes right. It is not an actual release and was not meant to get out. They are trying to make it part of the phone rather than sell it to individuals. You can find a link to a leaked version that was not meant to get out by using the search in the forum.

Neko

Reaction score
Swype is the only one I use, you can kick out a lot of words when you get used it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do you get slideUI? i can't seem to find that anywhere either?

The name is "SlideIt"

*slaps forehead*

do you guys think SlideIt is better than swype? also, is there anyway to get skins for either of them? i'm using "talk2me" right now and am so pissed they teased us with skins for a month then took them away

I think one can adjust to either SlideIt or Swype. I used Swype first and got used to it. Adjusting to SlideIt was problematic because my fingers had already "learned" the unique features of Swype compared to SlidIt's approach. (i.e capitalization and double letter looping.)

Though I still prefer Swype, I find that I'm getting as quick with SlideIt.

As far as I know, there is no "skinning" option available for either Swype or SlideIt., though SlideIt has a number of different keyboards for different alphabets.

billyk

Reaction score
Another SlideIT user here - former Swype user. SlideIt is doing the trick for me.

crimattyple

Reaction score
best keyboard

I've tried out 5 different keyboards. Obviously the stock version; the HTC version that was posted a few days ago; I'm now trying out an Alpha version of something called SwiftKey which isn't out yet; Swype; and SlideIT.

I fell in love with Swype because it was so fast and seemingly easy but didn't have auto capitilization or auto spacing. The HTC version was ok but I like the swiping action better so don't use the HTC much. This new SwiftKey is interesting because it predicts words/sentences as you tap. You actually use less keystrokes. Again it's good, but I just like the swiping better.
Since downloading SlideIT from the market I find that I like it much better than Swype. The auto capitalizing and spacing is good and the word prediction and ability to use a "cursor" is really good. I'm thinking of buying the full version of SlideIT.

BzB

Reaction score
better keyboard now supports predictive text when using the physical keyboard. nice and very useful enhancement. i was using it before and will continue to do so if they keep adding improvements like this.
icon14.gif