cdexsw

these are based from latest kernels:
P3 - low voltage, standard voltage, no issues
chevys kernel 3 ulv - no issues
slayher 1.6 - hot hot hot when charging
jamezelle - wifi tether issues, random reboots installing none market apps
jdflg - random freezes
cvpcs - never tried

when did P3 make a ULV kernel? all i have ever seen are LV kernels.....
link please?

Last edited by a moderator:

DROOIID

Reaction score
What exactly are kernels and how do you install them?

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kernels are pretty much what determines your phones performance/speed. If you overclock a kernel, your phone's over all performance and speed will be better. The higher you clock it, the faster your phone becomes to an extent. You can only overclock it so much, and depending on how high you get, you can't even notice a difference anymore. They work differently for everyone. A Slayher kernel doesn't work on every phone, nor does a Chevy or whatever other kernel you try. You just have to find one that works for you. They also come in voltages, like lv for low voltage, etc. Lv might not work for you where as a medium voltage will. Then, you also find one that has slots to your liking but those aren't that important in my opinion. You install them through recovery. Same as you would a ROM or any other flashable zip.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Thanks dj, what does low voltage mean and does any one have a link to the p3 kernel? Thanks

DROOIID

Reaction score
Cool, two last questions could I install the kernel through Rom manager and also do I have to wipe and clear cache first.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, same way you install a ROM. And no, don't wipe. That's only for flashing ROMs. Make a backup first though just in case it doesn't work. I tried a kernel and I was fully charged prior to flashing it, and when my phone booted, it said I had no battery what-so-ever and wouldn't turn on haha. So, I'd make one:) That doesn't happen to anyone often though.