Best Droid X Battery Saver Rom

sooner2k1

Reaction score
So far ZapX is the only rom that i've ever tried and I think its awesome, but I was hoping to try some more out. I just have three issues i'm concerned about.

1) Tasker must work (specifically it uses Google location, and I use it to turn wifi off or on when i'm at home)

2) Droid X exchange email (multiple accounts)

3) Battery Life - Can I use Jrummy's Overclock App to drop to low voltage and keep default speed like I have with ZapX, or are some Roms built to maximize battery?

If I try a "blurless" rom, will I lose the google location functionality that Tasker needs, or the multi-email functionality?

Any insight or rom recommendations are appreciated.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
its probably easiest to just try out a few roms (if not all of them) for yourself. There aren't that many roms for the dx so I'd just test to see what works best. Rubix is usually pretty popular i think.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I've run rubiX but running Fission with ATK has given me the best battery life ever. Had it running for 10 hours last night and still had 50%

Ejgilkey

Reaction score
I have tried Rubix Focused and Blurry, Apex, Dark Slide and Fission. Fission 2.2.1 has been the only one I saw a noticable difference in Battery life, and it's been amazing. I have my phone off the charger at 6am everyday and with all other roms had it back on the charger around 2pm at 20%. Since I installed Fission, I have the phone home at 6pm and still have 40-50% without it ever being on the charger. Not sure how this is possible, but I am sticking with this rom.