Best Droid Turbo case

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A case!?? :confused:
Just one of those screen adhesives for me thanks.
I like my phones naked, like they were intended to be. :D

On a side note: I'm always intrigued by the clamoring for thinner phones, then these people put them thick cases. Totally You Gee Ell Why. :p
I personally prefer a thicker phone. I like cases for the work that I do ( we own sawmill and farm) feel like its a little better protection . on days not on farm they get carried naked. No screen protectors or anything . I personally think that screen protectors are overrated on gorilla glass phones. Other phones I see the need .

People do what feels the best to them.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine will be going straight into a defender.. And I'll be on the lookout for a tempered glass screen protector , since they're releasing a GSM version.. Until then.. The old defender conversion will happen..

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I really want this case but don't wanna pay $35 for what essentially is an edge bumper. I am hoping another company comes out with something similar for a cheaper price.

getDynamicImage.aspx

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did you see those stands in the video below?

View attachment 73308

Man, I want one of those! LOL!

Those flip stands have been around since the Droid RAZR M launched. Very nice...sit the phone horizontal or vertical. I bought one for my wife and my self when we bought RAZR M's a few years ago. I still use it every night to prop my Maxx on while charging.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They are 9.99 on clearance from Motorola.com

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.
If they are the ones that come with the special cable to launch "Dock Mode" on 2013 Droids....not sure what that cable will do to a Droid Maxx or Droid Turbo....might not be good. I use the charger that came with my Maxx...but like the stand to sit the phone in at night. Some of the flip stands came with a charge cable and some did not.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Reaction score
If they are the ones that come with the special cable to launch "Dock Mode" on 2013 Droids....not sure what that cable will do to a Droid Maxx or Droid Turbo....might not be good. I use the charger that came with my Maxx...but like the stand to sit the phone in at night. Some of the flip stands came with a charge cable and some did not.

Right. The cable didn't work with the maxx for launching a mode. You can enable that yourself under daydream in display settings to turn on when charging....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Right. The cable didn't work with the maxx for launching a mode. You can enable that yourself under daydream in display settings to turn on when charging....

I'm surprised it even charged it. They are special cables meant for the 2012 Droids. I do have my Maxx set to Daydream when charging. Bworks awesome at night in the flip stand.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I'm surprised it even charged it. They are special cables meant for the 2012 Droids. I do have my Maxx set to Daydream when charging. Bworks awesome at night in the flip stand.

If I had a turbo I wouldn't use a different charging cord than what came with it even if someone paid me to...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

It should charge with any standard USB cable since its compatible with the USB 3.0 standard.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It should charge with any standard USB cable since its compatible with the USB 3.0 standard.
OK...makes sense. Thanks. I assume that there are a few special pins that activate Dock Mode for the 2012 Droids and since the Maxx and Turbo don't have a Dock Mode...those pins don't do anything and won't do any damage?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If I had a turbo I wouldn't use a different charging cord than what came with it even if someone paid me to...

There is a benefit to charging with a standard charger on the Turbo. Charging in Turbo mode will shorten the usable life of the battery over time. The slower you charge a lithium ion battery the longer it lasts. I'll be using my older chargers with it for overnight charging, and reserving the Turbo charger for those times when I need to boost power over a short timeframe. That is, unless you can show charge with the same adapter.

Reactions: 24c

jfriend33

Reaction score
There is a benefit to charging with a standard charger on the Turbo. Charging in Turbo mode will shorten the usable life of the battery over time. The slower you charge a lithium ion battery the longer it lasts. I'll be using my older chargers with it for overnight charging, and reserving the Turbo charger for those times when I need to boost power over a short timeframe. That is, unless you can show charge with the same adapter.
Amen buddy! Battery university for the win.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Garemlin, if that is the one I think it is, it's actually a complete case - just clear so it appears to be an edge bumper.

Incipio Update: The DP inside "dimples" transfer the indentions to the nylon. Seeing if the come back out now but, that's only a day or so, what about a month or two? May end up with a seriously marred phone. Why the hell do the cases sometimes do more damage than there'd be without?
Great design.

here is what i'm talking about

Last edited: