Best Battery App?

shugknight

Reaction score
Has anyone release a more accurate battery app for the Droid? If not, what is the battery app you're currently using? I have My Battery Status, but it's pretty plain and boring looking. If there's nothing out there that will perform better, I'd like something better looking (thats what she said). :)

Thanks!

Big Cam

Reaction score
I was going to start a thread just like this, anyone have any battery app's they love?

CDB

Reaction score
I just use a shortcut that points to the built-in battery app along with BetterCut to give it a new icon.

ajs410

Reaction score
I use three separate apps depending on what I want out of the battery info.

For a quick glimpse at the current charge, I like CurveFish's BatteryLife widget. It's 2x1 so not too big or small, and you can pick the colors for it from a color wheel. The resolution is only 10% increments.

For a more detailed log, I also use an app called Android Battery Dog. It tracks your battery level over time and draws some nice graphs, which allows you to better eyeball how much juice your phone has. It still has 10% increments but you can see how long it's been since the last 10% increment and how quickly you seem to be going through 10% increments.

Finally, I also have a home screen Shortcut to Settings -> Battery Use. This identifies any features or applications that might be guzzling the juice.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
battery left gives you an accurate(when calibrated) idea of how long your battery will last.

jltung

Reaction score
Battery App

I like Battery Life which can give me a quick assessment of how much battery I

have left.

I like Spare Parts which gives battery history, information, and usage

statistics.

There are a lot of battery apps out there and the more apps you have,

generally use up more battery.

I think the goal is to determine where cell phone coverage is low, so you can

manually shut down unused programs which suck the life out of the battery

i.e. wifi, gps, bluetooth etc and consider something like Adv Task Management

to shut down some of the background programs.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone come across a battery app that is more defined in terms of percentage left... i.e. not just 10% increments? It puzzles me why the battery percentage is done in this format...

Fired00d

Reaction score
I just use a shortcut that points to the built-in battery app along with BetterCut to give it a new icon.
New to the forum, and just got my Droid this weekend so take it easy on the newbie. :biggrin:

Can you explain more how to get to the built in battery app? TIA

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New to the forum, and just got my Droid this weekend so take it easy on the newbie. :biggrin:

Can you explain more how to get to the built in battery app? TIA

Settings > About > Battery Use. :)

MAzing87

Reaction score
So there isn't an app out there that would post up 1% increments if under 5%?

It would be cool to get an app that can do that, or just simply go in 1% increments. Much more accurate and it can let me know when to stop whatever activity I am doing.

ajs410

Reaction score
MAzing87 - I think the resolution is a function of the battery interface. Meaning everyone shows 10% increments because that's what the device reports to the operating system.

I mentioned above, Android Battery Dog will graph your battery percentage vs. time, and you can use this graph to guess what your current percentage is.

MAzing87

Reaction score
MAzing87 - I think the resolution is a function of the battery interface. Meaning everyone shows 10% increments because that's what the device reports to the operating system.

I mentioned above, Android Battery Dog will graph your battery percentage vs. time, and you can use this graph to guess what your current percentage is.

Ok, I'll check that one out. Thanks.