Battery Left

shugknight

Reaction score
Uninstall whatever battery app you're using and install Battery Left. I've used a total of 3 battery apps so far. And Battery Left has them beat. It tells you how much time is left on your Droid. Of course it has to calibrate itself, and the longer it calibrates, the more accurate it gets. Right now, I'm at 62% accurate. And it shows I have 15:59 hours left after I immediately took it off the charger.

I'm anxious to see how much time my Droid can really last when its closer to 100% accuracy.

Download it, and see for yourself.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uninstall whatever battery app you're using and install Battery Left. I've used a total of 3 battery apps so far. And Battery Left has them beat. It tells you how much time is left on your Droid. Of course it has to calibrate itself, and the longer it calibrates, the more accurate it gets. Right now, I'm at 62% accurate. And it shows I have 15:59 hours left after I immediately took it off the charger.

I'm anxious to see how much time my Droid can really last when its closer to 100% accuracy.

Download it, and see for yourself.

They've said before that, it will take 2-3 days for apps like that to get fully intune to your battery. So those may not be 100% accurate numbers. But then again i could be wrong.

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
They've said before that, it will take 2-3 days for apps like that to get fully intune to your battery. So those may not be 100% accurate numbers. But then again i could be wrong.

I know, I've been using the app since Friday. My results have gone from Rough, to Moderate, and now at 62% accuracy. It does take a while, but for what it's worth it's been pretty accurate at least imo. I unplugged yesterday at 9pm. I didn't have to charge till about 6pm. That's 21 hours. I think that's fairly accurate for being at 62%.

I'll keep you updated on my results. I think this app can be really good.

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
y does it take so long

The longer it takes to calibrate, the more accurate your results get. It gives you a reading the first time you load it, but it won't be so accurate. Give it time, and you'll notice a difference.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I know, I've been using the app since Friday. My results have gone from Rough, to Moderate, and now at 62% accuracy. It does take a while, but for what it's worth it's been pretty accurate at least imo. I unplugged yesterday at 9pm. I didn't have to charge till about 6pm. That's 21 hours. I think that's fairly accurate for being at 62%.

I'll keep you updated on my results. I think this app can be really good.

Well that's what i was going to ask next, was if you have had it for some time just how accurate it was, but seeing as you've already answered :D

EDITED: Meant to say thanks also, been looking for a widget like this, i'm just hoping the widget itself doesn't use up alot of battery lol.

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
Well that's what i was going to ask next, was if you have had it for some time just how accurate it was, but seeing as you've already answered :D

EDITED: Meant to say thanks also, been looking for a widget like this, i'm just hoping the widget itself doesn't use up alot of battery lol.

No problem. I don't think it uses any battery at all. At least I haven't noticed a difference in my battery life. In fact, not sure if it's the actual time left that's being shown on the widget, but I feel as if my battery has gotten stronger since I've used it. But I think it's more mental seing that I have 15+ hours left on my phone.

iJroid

Reaction score
Just installed. I'll give it a day or two and post on how well I feel it calibrates.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will give it a week, after that long it should come within seconds on telling me how long it would last.

revisedboomer

Reaction score
I've seen comments on that app that say it drains battery sometimes. Anyone have that problem? (Sorry for this to have to be my first post)

OP
S

shugknight

Reaction score
I've seen comments on that app that say it drains battery sometimes. Anyone have that problem? (Sorry for this to have to be my first post)

Not that I've seen. Just so you all know, I've checked my Battery status. It's been 8 1/2 hours since I unplugged, and so far Battery Left has used up 3% of my battery.

In Spare Parts, under Battery History, Battery Left does not even show up in as waking up the phone.

I do think that during the calibration period, it may drain your battery a little more than after it's been completely calibrated, but that should be a given.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
It wont pass 12% accuracy and it is very off on percentage. It displays 100% but I only have 80%

Uninstall, reinstall, pull battery.

I have been using this for 2 weeks. It is very accurate. Remember this though, that your daily usage varies and will mess with it some. Still, I get about 23 hours of life out of it and this is what the app says too. It is nice to see a quick number, since the default battery icon is so small it is hard to really tell where it is.

Jason

Reaction score
It wont pass 12% accuracy and it is very off on percentage. It displays 100% but I only have 80%

Uninstall, reinstall, pull battery.

I have been using this for 2 weeks. It is very accurate. Remember this though, that your daily usage varies and will mess with it some. Still, I get about 23 hours of life out of it and this is what the app says too. It is nice to see a quick number, since the default battery icon is so small it is hard to really tell where it is.
I uninstalled and reinstalled yesterday and it started all over from 2% and today it finally got back to 12%. How accurate is yours? and how long did it take to get that accurate