Best backup software

kscdj

Reaction score
What's the best software (both free and bestofthebest) to use for backing up everything on a droid?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lookout does. It also has a phone locater.

reggin

Reaction score
I use mybackup pro
That backs up everything you need backed up? Photo's, video's, etc?

What about WaveSecure or Lookout?

I just started using WaveSecure today. It's pretty good. I like the Lock Down and Wipe features, you can also track the phone. With Lock Down, you can set up an account online and issue commands from their website.

However, the Missing Sync looks very interesting but an app for Android 2.0.x and PC is not out yet only Mac. The site http: //www.markspace.com/products/android/missing-sync-android.html says a beta is coming soon.

I would like the MissingSync better because I am in control of my data not some unknown company.

Julian@Sprite

Reaction score
Shameless plug from a Sprite Team Member,

Try Sprite Backup

It backs up way more content than all others,

Sprite Migrate, also migrates content from winmo, symbian or blackberry to your droid.

Sprite Mechanic is a free app manager, process killer, app backup

We also have Sprite Terminator on it's way with Remote backup, Lock, Wipe Locate etc...

New build of our Android Backup coming out, hopefully today with yet more innovative features,

Many thanks

Julian

pilot25

Reaction score
Anything out there that backs up your home screens, including 3 party home apps, and widgets in addition to everything else?

joneee

Reaction score
Shameless plug from a Sprite Team Member,

Try Sprite Backup

It backs up way more content than all others,

Sprite Migrate, also migrates content from winmo, symbian or blackberry to your droid.

Sprite Mechanic is a free app manager, process killer, app backup

We also have Sprite Terminator on it's way with Remote backup, Lock, Wipe Locate etc...

New build of our Android Backup coming out, hopefully today with yet more innovative features,

Many thanks

Julian

Uh...Sprite backup doesn't even backup my apps?? Sure it backs up sms, contacts, settings, media, bookmarks, but no apps?!?!?! What the hell is the point?!

SGTiger

Reaction score
I also want to be able to backup my home screens. I use QDE and have 7 screens. I just had to do a factory reset and manually rebuilding those screens was a nightmare.

What backs up the home screens?!?

Reaction score
sprite is awesome on winmo i hope it becomes great on droid i would buy it in an instant. i need to check it out now. sprite on winmo would back up everything. one touch backup one touch restore in 3 minutes.

b8b

Reaction score
I also want to be able to backup my home screens. I use QDE and have 7 screens. I just had to do a factory reset and manually rebuilding those screens was a nightmare.

What backs up the home screens?!?

This is my question as well. I hate to say it, but I wish there was a one-touch (free/included) backup/restore like iPhone has. I know some people didn't have good luck with it, but I always did, even for my jailbroken iPhone.

Blanco

Reaction score
Online Backup solution

Just forget all the software and try Magic Backup.It is a service that uses our high-speed Internet connection and our Windows® PC to make backup copies of all our important files to a remote location that we provide. They install a small program on our computer that locates and makes secure copies of our pictures, movies, music, documents and other important data silently and automatically. Magic Backup keeps track of new files and changes to existing files so it always knows what needs to be backed up. It performs what they call "Automatic Continuous Backup" in the background without interfering with the normal use of our computer.Magic Backup is the only backup service which allow us to access all of our backed up files from any computer anywhere with an Internet connection and a Web browser.