Best Backup App?

Taegost

Reaction score
Astro File Manager backs everything up

Don' t think there is anything better than titanium backup.

I second that... It saved my ass today! I've wiped and bounced between Bugless Beast and Cyanogen for the last two weeks, and Titanium has been a blessing through it all!
Especially when I realized today that even though Rom Manager will re-install your apps, it doesn't restore your data!

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
I was unsure as to where in my google account that apps are uploaded. does this also apply with third party apps or APKs that i have installed from usb mounting/transfer/downloaded from my browser?

I'm intrigued.

Also, myBackup is a great application. You can save DATA+APKs. Heck yes, epic win. DroidForums is the jam. Everyday is a learning experience with you guys. Woot!:)

ygohome

Reaction score
If you have a Motorola Droid, what about flashing SPRecovery onto your phone and makeing NandDroid backups? I've been using it as I've recently just rooted my phone and beginning to dive into experimenting with different ROMs.

And it doesn't run inside of the OS... which is nice I guess if you can't boot into your OS. Very simple interface too. You can follow this link to download and install it:

How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

Thats where I learned how to root my phone too. Nice complete writeup. It mostly directs you on how to root your phone but the first half of the first post in that thread talks about simply flashing SPRecovery.

* I should mention that the linked writeup shown above is a Motorola Droid Stock 2.1 writeup.

Last edited:

max_power

Reaction score
And it doesn't run inside of the OS... which is nice I guess if you can't boot into your OS. Very simple interface too. You can follow this link to download and install it:

How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

Thats where I learned how to root my phone too. Nice complete writeup. It mostly directs you on how to root your phone but the first half of the first post in that thread talks about simply flashing SPRecovery.

* I should mention that the linked writeup shown above is a Motorola Droid Stock 2.1 writeup.

Thanks for that link.
I found that rooting process while searching around for a 2.1 root. Till I found this I thought that there was no way to root 2.1 without going back to 2.0.1. But I have a question regarding this. If I root my Droid which came with 2.1, will I be able to install ROMs like BugBeast without having to go back to 2.0.1? I'm new to rooting and putting ROMs on phones in general so go easy on me lol.

Nibbz

Reaction score
wait so MyBackup, does that work like SPRecovery in that i can back up and restore my whole system as it is?

RickyBooby

Reaction score
Google does backup all your apps... paid apps that is. No other apps downloaded from the market will be in Google's servers. The best way to ensure your programs and other things will be secure is using Mybackup pro.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Appbrain will keep a linked list to all apps...paid and free.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Paco

Reaction score
As a certified newbie in rooting my droid, I've run into a roadblock. I'm in the terminal emulator portion, I have the $ prompt, I input su then return, I get the SU Request popup, I check the remember box and press the allow button. I'm back to the TE screen but have no # prompt (just a new line)... where did I skru-up?
So close and yet so far.

cinderal

Reaction score
Does backup pro restore prefss & wallpaper

Does Backup pro back up 3rd party apps data, prefs and wall paper. If so, seems like the safest way to back up is with 2 sd cards switched at short intervals (to avoid possible insecure cloud backups)

Alster2005

Reaction score
Back up pro

I lost my first Droid and had to replaced it. I tried to restore with back up pro and it did some funky stuff. I also got a message before I used it that stated if you use google you shouldn't use the app. If that's the case I don't even know why that back up pro is out there. I then restored my phone using google and it was fine. I had to redo how everything was set up and put back some of my apps from the market. I wasn't recharged for the paid ones. I was told that the only way to completely back up a phone to the exact state the old one was, is to have a rooted phone. I am still not willing to root my phone, because it scares the hell out of me! LOL! :icon_eek: I have been told it also voids the warranty. So for now I will just restore all my data through google, and it did save the important stuff.

md213

Reaction score
Pre-root back-up?

Root your machine and get Titanium Backup. I'm using it now, it's awesome. Bulk backup your entire phone (all apps, settings, everything!) and it saves them to a folder on your SD card. I recommend backing them up a second time to your PC so your stuff is saved in two places.

You can switch back and forth to different roms and then load up titanium and instantly bring over all of your stuff. All you need is the free version.

This is my quandry: I'm desiring to root my Samsung Charge (for multiple reasons...including battery life improvement...mobile hotspot-ting...etc...) - but I don't want to loose ANYthing that's currently on my phone. I've been advised by more than one person that it's best to completely wipe your Android phone back to factory defaults before starting the rooting process. Sooo - if I use a non-root backup utility (such as "MyBackup Pro") before I root my Samsung Charge - and back everything up using that...will I be able to restore things after I root it using MyBackup Pro again?

You recommend Titanium Backup - which I've heard very good things about using once you've rooted your phone. And if this was a brand new phone with nothing on it...I wouldn't mind going that route...but being that I've had my Samsung Charge for almost 2 or 3 months, and haven't rooted it yet...I obviously can't use Titanium Backup to not loose everything on my phone once I do root it.

I hope that all makes sense!! :) Please let me know if I can clarify anything...

Thanks!

md213

Reaction score
Appbrain will keep a linked list to all apps...paid and free.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Does it also back-up paid & free apps that you've downloaded from the Amazon Android App Store...and not from the "official" Google Android App Marketplace?

And...if someone were to root their phone after installing Appbrain & backing everything up...can you reinstall Appbrain after you root the phone and get everything back post-root?

Thanks! :)