Best available rom for dx

randyb69

Reaction score
I have had both the D1 and the D2 and now will have the Dx and am wondering what is the best rom to install. I still have to root, that shouldn't be an issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

WingShot

Reaction score
I have had both the D1 and the D2 and now will have the Dx and am wondering what is the best rom to install. I still have to root, that shouldn't be an issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

I like Tranquility, also heard good things about Rubix 0.5 Focused. The thing is, none of these are real roms. They haven't cracked the bootloader, replaced the kernel, etc. So the most a rom can do now is get rid of blur, get rid of the bloat, zip align the file system, "tweak" this and that. Running Gala X 1.6 for the theme, very nice them imo.

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score

I like Tranquility, also heard good things about Rubix 0.5 Focused. The thing is, none of these are real roms. They haven't cracked the bootloader, replaced the kernel, etc. So the most a rom can do now is get rid of blur, get rid of the bloat, zip align the file system, "tweak" this and that. Running Gala X 1.6 for the theme, very nice them imo.

I appreciate ur response. I do realize they're not full blown roms, used to calling them roms tho from D1. I've looked around and read some good stuff about fly x, not sure how it compares to what you're running. I do like the fact that I see a ton more for themes and "roms" if u will then I had for my D2. I do like black glass themes, so whatever rom his theme works best with is where ill prolly end up. Not a huge fan of any Galaxy theme, guessing the Gala X is just a clone of the D1 theme. Either way, I will check all of this out. Thanks again

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

WingShot

Reaction score
So you returned your D2 for a DX, or how did ya go from a D2 to a DX? I returned my D2 and got a DX. :)

Blackglass is really nice, just doesn't go with the backgrounds I've been playing with lately.

Droid74

Reaction score
I REALLY like Rubix Blurry with 928 blackglass! AWESOME!!dancedroid

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score
Well I had the D1 and insurance was gonna give me a Eris. Called verizon a week ago and did a in house insurance claim they called it, and called last night and said I had issues with the D2 and was unhappy. They offered to let me upgrade early (signed up in May 10) and they would sell me DX for 149 after rebate n new every 2 discount. So I will have D2 for backup. :)

OP
R

randyb69

Reaction score

I'm going to guess Rubix "blurry" is going to include all blur, or is it just the essential blur needed for operational use.

anrichardson

Reaction score

I'm going to guess Rubix "blurry" is going to include all blur, or is it just the essential blur needed for operational use.

I believe it does, but I would go with RubiX Focused, it's Blurless. You'll love it.

I'm actually on apeX at the moment, it's not a true AOSP, but some of the apps are so makes it very nice. Only a few things are blur in order for it to run like dialer, contacts, etc. Gives a vanilla look to it as well, but I have Blackmods return installed that gives black bar notifications. Then i'm thinking about installing Darkmod Vanilla Lockscreen. Cause with the ApeX install has 2.1 lock screen but when installing Blockmods Black notification, it brought Blur lockscreen, which i hate. Seems very sluggish when trying to unlock the phone.

Edit: Darkmod Vanilla Lockscreen changed my notification back to vanilla look as well, changed back Blockmods, and use No Lock app for no lockscreen at all.

cpjr

Reaction score
Im running Rubix 0.5 Focused w/ Gala X theme, my fav thus far. Phone runs like a top, no issues and I get the best quadrant scores Ive seen on my phone at close to 1400.

Droid74

Reaction score
Well...focused is as blurless as u can get...u still need a certain amount in there to get it to work. I havent tried focus yet but likely will...But im using blurry and its great.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Im running Rubix 0.5 Focused w/ Gala X theme, my fav thus far. Phone runs like a top, no issues and I get the best quadrant scores Ive seen on my phone at close to 1400.

Same here...runnin rubix 0.5 focused with some personal mods. Also got launcherpro plus w/ Gala X theme w/ Env 1.3 on top of that. You have to give it a shot, probably the nicest look for the X ive seen yet. Also the fastest.

Dxun

Reaction score
Im running ZapX's Rom with 928's Black Glass getting 1500 plus Quadrant. Tried them all this has been the best for me so far.

1sheldon1

Reaction score
Im running ZapX's Rom with 928's Black Glass getting 1500 plus Quadrant. Tried them all this has been the best for me so far.

Which ZapX are you running? And which Black Glass did you use?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've used several and like Rubix the best. Its current version is 1 (previous was .3 and .5). Its crazy fast and solid. I prefer blurless.

snoop5

Reaction score
i would say that team blackhat 2.3.9 is the fastest i got 1500 quadrant with no blur and a fast boot time.dancedroid