Beginner Questions

Derekweb

Reaction score
I was holding out for an iPhone on VZ, but to no avail. My battery finally died on my OLD RAZOR, so I got a Droid, and will return it within 30 days for an Incredible, which is currently out of stock.

I am kicking myself for waiting so long to upgrade. This thing is fantastic. Since I already use most Goggle apps, I was up and running presto! Locked myself out of the house and located a locksmith, then used navigate to get to my Barbecue on the second day.

A few questions, if you can help:

1-Can I sync my browser bookmarks from Firefox on my workstation to my Droid browser?

2-The mechanical BACK key seems a heavy push, while the keyboard is a light touch. Any easy exit/return methods on the touch screen?

3-Which shopping compare scanner is best, meaning widest results?

4-Is Lookout any good or should I pay the $20 for Wave secure?

5-Weatherbug post temp in the status bar. Does any app post temp and forecast Icon there? Also, what weather app can stay open on home screen and show 5 day forecast?

6_How to move Icons from one home page to another?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I was holding out for an iPhone on VZ, but to no avail. My battery finally died on my OLD RAZOR, so I got a Droid, and will return it within 30 days for an Incredible, which is currently out of stock.

I am kicking myself for waiting so long to upgrade. This thing is fantastic. Since I already use most Goggle apps, I was up and running presto! Locked myself out of the house and located a locksmith, then used navigate to get to my Barbecue on the second day.

1-Can I sync my browser bookmarks from Firefox on my workstation to my Droid browser?

2-The mechanical BACK key seems a heavy push, while the keyboard is a light touch. Any easy exit/return methods on the touch screen?

3-Which shopping compare scanner is best, meaning widest results? shop savvy

4-Is Lookout any good or should I pay the $20 for Wave secure? mobile defense

5-Weatherbug post temp in the status bar. Does any app post temp and forecast Icon there? Also, what weather app can stay open on home screen and show 5 day forecast? beautiful widgets

6_How to move Icons from one home page to another? long press on icon until you feel it vibrate and then move to another screen

Thanks.

hope this helps

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

1-Can I sync my browser bookmarks from Firefox on my workstation to my Droid browser? Seriously doubt it but don't know for sure.

3-Which shopping compare scanner is best, meaning widest results? Sorry but again, I don't use this so I do not know.

4-Is Lookout any good or should I pay the $20 for Wave secure? I use Lookout and I have it on my husband's droid as well. I have not had any troubles with it and I actually really like it.

5-Weatherbug post temp in the status bar. Does any app post temp and forecast Icon there? Also, what weather app can stay open on home screen and show 5 day forecast? I use both Weatherbug Elite and Beautiful Widgets. Beautiful Widgets will allow you to have a weather forecast with a clock on your home screen. You can customize it as you see fit.

6_How to move Icons from one home page to another? Long press until you feel the vibrate then slide your finger with the icon to what ever screen you want. Or you can remove the icon by sliding it to the trash can (when it turns red release it) then go to the screen you want an icon on, go to your app drawer, long press on the icon and place it on the screen.

Thanks.

Hope this helps.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well, not exactly, but there is a fairly workable workaround. On your browser set a favorite or your home page to the x-marks website where your browser bookmarks are stored "in the cloud." You'll be able to access all your Firefox bookmarks.

PS. This ingenious little bit of advice was pointed out by another poster the other day. Unfortunately, can't recall who it was or I'd pass on the credit.