Before and after pics (stock to squidly)

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
Stock
4b8f6dcc-bda3-ebec.jpg

4b8f6dcc-bddc-0362.jpg

Squidly no blur
4b8f6dcc-be1b-29ab.jpg

4b8f6dcc-be2b-6611.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Wish there was an upvote button hah. Or even a like button.

Anyways, thumbs up. Squid ftw.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

Azurikai

Reaction score
pretty impressive! i've not tried squiddly yet, might give it a whirl.

brutalDROID

Reaction score
@Droid4life
Hey man how did you get the comparison of all the phones as an app? What's the name of it? And also, how are you at 7mbs im at only 1 haha

tappin' and a talkin on ye' olde MOTO D2

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
@Droid4life
Hey man how did you get the comparison of all the phones as an app? What's the name of it? And also, how are you at 7mbs im at only 1 haha

An app on the market called Quadrant Standard.

From a D2.

brutalDROID

Reaction score
Thanks man!
626f35f0-35ac-38c4.jpg

626f35f0-35bb-9342.jpg

Im from PA, server was NJ.

OP
Droid4Life86

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
So far for me squids roms have been the most stable and fastest that I have used. I was bored last night and wanted to compare stock to squids rom. Plus I have seen some posts here lately about which rom is the best so I just wanted to show them what squid has to offer.

brutalDROID

Reaction score
So far for me squids roms have been the most stable and fastest that I have used. I was bored last night and wanted to compare stock to squids rom. Plus I have seen some posts here lately about which rom is the best so I just wanted to show them what squid has to offer.

Yeah, I agree. This current ROM is my favorite, everything from the black status bar to the speeeeeeeeeeeeed :D

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thats with stagefright set to true in the the build.prop, right???

Considering that the D2 does not record 720P like the DX you guys wouldn't notice the 720P playback issues as well...

Do me a favor and grab a 720 video and see if it FC's on you

If it doesn't I really want to see what he did to get it fixed!!

Reaction score
Thanks man!
626f35f0-35ac-38c4.jpg

626f35f0-35bb-9342.jpg

Im from PA, server was NJ.

Is that advanced task killer on your notification bar?

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

Reaction score
aefc058e-5634-bce7.jpg
aefc058e-564a-92bc.jpg

I will post stock when I brick and have to sbf! Lol
Btw- Squid the man!

sudermatt

Reaction score
I'm a little suspicious...Don't get me wrong...I'm running this rom and love it....but I've heard that it's possible to make a ROM score well, but it's not really faster.

Like I said...I am pretty happy with this rom...I'm just wondering if you can FEEL the speed.

Reaction score
I can "See" the speed...my wife has the same phone... She is afraid I will brick her phone so it's stock... I put them side by side and went thru a process of maps, my location, search nearby, hit mic, speak pizza into it, select first result and hit navigate to and my d2 was speaking while hers was still coming up with the results... So, I say yeah.... it's def not just a fake score...

Not to mention I did the same test originally here at my work with my buddy's Droid and don't even ask...LOL!!!!

cydetrakd

Reaction score
I'm a little suspicious...Don't get me wrong...I'm running this rom and love it....but I've heard that it's possible to make a ROM score well, but it's not really faster.

Like I said...I am pretty happy with this rom...I'm just wondering if you can FEEL the speed.

i'm a rom tester myself and have tried out all the roms available for the d2 the only ones that are good enough for my standards are squidly and apex. They are the only two roms that EVERYTHING that should work works without a hitch and has great support coming from the developers when you ask questions.

On the original Droid i ran every rom available stuck with Cyanogenmod which to this day my fiancee won't rock any other rom on it because i used it for soo long without any problems and for myself Squidly is the smoothest and fastest rom with all the features available for the Droid2 by far. just make backups and try them all out but you will always come back to good ol squidly after a few days if not an hour depending on the rom.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Holy God, I'm running Fission and only getting half those speeds. I might try Squidly.