Bedside Dock option stopped working, other dock choices work fine.

GTUtechII

Reaction score
My wife's RazR M quit working with the new smart charger cord for "Bedside" dock option. We tried my cord, still doesn't work. My RazR M bedside option is still working fine (knock on wood) When it quit, it locked up the entire phone. I had to hold the power button and volume button at the same time to get it to power off. I then was able to reboot the phone. We have NOT tried a factory reset, hoping to not do that. Any ideas?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to see if there's an app or process related to the bedside dock mode, where you could possibly go in and clear data before having to try a factory reset...

Madgoat999

Reaction score
I happened to have this issue as well! Fortunately there is a fix. The problem is the new update of google music is conflicting with the dock mode because it's integrated in. Simply uninstall the updates for the Google Music app and it should work just fine! dancedroid

OP
GTUtechII

GTUtechII

Reaction score
Thanks Madgoat, I found that same fix earlier in the evening. Wasn't sure it would work for the RazR M. It did work though! Thanks for the confirmation as well

jv59

Reaction score
Same problem. Even after the 4.1 update it's still broken. Who should this be reported to? Motorola or Google Music Support? Maybe both?

Thanks.