Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I've never checked that option and my temp is stuck. It's happening with other weather widgets as well, so it's not just BW... I wish we could get a fix though. It's frustrating.

Im running 2.1 Stock. BW & Weather and Toggle Widgets have been stuck since about 7pm yesterday. Its stuck at 91deg.

It does kinda suck, but at least it probably isnt the app.

TheDJ

Reaction score
Yeah I thought mine was fixed, but it is not, still stuck at temp. from yesterday.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
try using a zip code that is right next to yours because the weather data is only as good as the weather station that the updates come from.

maybe the weather station in your area isnt updating as it should....

for me its always been spot on but i have noticed others with issues.

pilot25

Reaction score
seems like it is stuck on the high temp of the day. Too bad. This was a great app. I'll give the DEV a week then I'll have to use weather and toggle...ugh!!

TheDJ

Reaction score
I am using the zip code that I live in, never had a problem until yesterday and it seems many others are as well.

Do you guys use the geolocation, or have that setting off?

Josefius

Reaction score
I almost bought this app, but I read about it not refreshing. Is this app usable on the Incredible?

GolfProRM

Reaction score
He tweeted today that it's an issue with the Google Weather service. It's nothing on his end. My BW matches exactly what Google says for my city.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
The developer tweeted earlier today that it's an issue with Google weather. My BW weather shows exactly the same as Google does. The developer mentioned there's nothing he can do about Google being wrong.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Don't think this is a Rom issue or even a carrier issue... My buddy with a EVO on Sprints BW was reading the exact same thing as mine... about 10 degrees off, sunny with a few clouds (when its actuall raining)...

Danariel

Reaction score
I'm in Nashville, TN and since Thursday the BW forecast and even current temp has been ridiculous. Yes it's using location and yes I've tried to update it to NO effect... I don't know if they have secretly switched weather info providers or what but I can never find even 1 forecast from a trusted source (weather.com, accuweather, google weather ect.) that is even close to the BS that BW is showing... It's to the point that if it's not fixed soon I will be removing it. A 15-20 degree difference from ALL other media outlets is just pointless....

Ditto on the location for me, I'm in 37211 and the temp hasn't updated since yesterday.

Looked at the recent reviews for Weather and Toggle Widget and it looks like it's having the same issues for some.

Bummer, because I was loving the doc features on LauncherPro, but still want the clock/weather widget, and it looks like these two are my only options. :-(

Nidisa

Reaction score
Using stock 2.1 on Droid. Beautiful Weather hasn't updated in 3 days; it's showing 89 degrees 24/7. Never have used geolocation and had accuracy. Just turned on geolocation, no joy. Still no accurate temp. Time and date are ok. Temp is off right now by 6 degrees.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
Using stock 2.1 on Droid. Beautiful Weather hasn't updated in 3 days; it's showing 89 degrees 24/7. Never have used geolocation and had accuracy. Just turned on geolocation, no joy. Still no accurate temp. Time and date are ok. Temp is off right now by 6 degrees.

yup, same with mine. I'm in CT and its been showing a constant 89 for a few days now. the high is in the upper 80's and low 90's, so its not off at the high, but it doesn't update at night or anytime for that matter.

pilot25

Reaction score
Anyone know or have e-mailed the DEV. Ever since the LWP came out it's been pretty quiet on the BW front. I thought by now there would have been one or two updates to the LWP. I haven't used it in a while because it's gotten kinda bland. Now the weather doesn't even work.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see how it's a Google issue when the News/Weather widget temperature is correct, but BW isn't.

Anyone up for making a clock widget? :)