Beautiful Widgets Weather: I wish it were true

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just noticed this as well, mine's 15 degrees off.... kind of a pointless widget if it's got the wrong temps.....

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea mine is 17 degrees off right now, but I mainly use it for looks anyways.

modified

Reaction score
It's been displaying wrong temperatures since the first day I got it, which is why it's been uninstalled for months.

It's definitely not the location services problem because it displays my area just fine. Weatherbug elite is where it's at.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use it for looks too, but now that the temp is so far off (had to be in the last 3 days cuz it's been within 2-3 degrees since I bought it way back) I really don't want it on my screen. LOL

Derekweb

Reaction score
BW weather - how to contact developer

It works for 2 days, then flakes.

Temperature is over 10F off.

How do you contact the developer? And why is he not working with Google, it has been too long.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is over 15 degrees off. will try re-installing.

Shouldn't have to...

And I highly doubt it's on the server end, my Google News/Weather widget is the right temperature...

EDIT: uninstalled and re-installed... still no dice. 10 degrees off still. I'm bout ready to give up on BW.

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
It used to be way accurate so i havent checked it lately. I compared it with Weather Channel yesterday and they were very close with eachother. I think mine is accurate.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine had been within 2-3 degrees (which is highly acceptable for me) since I purchased it when it was released way back.

Last 2 days it's been off by 10 or more degrees. WTF mate?

debacle

Reaction score
Same here. CUrrently displaying a temp in the St Louis area that is between 12 to 15 degrees different than what all other local weather sites are providing. They are close together. BW tells me it is already over 90 at 9am.

TheDJ

Reaction score
I started to have problems last night, it is staying at the same temp and has not moved, along with the weather condition. This is the first time I have had problems with BW. I uninstalled-reinstalled and still same problem.

Any other suggestions I can do to try and resolve?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is very strange that this only happens for some people. I have been using BW since it was first released and it has always show the correct temperature.

lyam

Reaction score
Mine is 15 degrees off. Has always been accurate in the past. This is a new development.

Bigg 27

Reaction score
I have been using bw for a while without flaw but now it stays at the reported high all day. Tried fancy widget and it does the smae thing. Only the google weather genie works for me now.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt it is google, as they do not serve up the weather info to begin with.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that this helps, but I've stopped using BW altogether. I only had occasional small issues with accuracy, but they were still a tad annoying. Plus, besides aesthetics, I didn't really see a need for it. I have weatherbug's temp in the notification bar, as well as the clock, and I don't need a pretty picture on my homescreen to tell me what it's like outside (cloudy, rainy, partly sunny, etc.). Without BW, whatever launcher I'm using seems to run a bit smoother, as well. But that's just me.