1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Beautiful Widget OLD Not Updating Weather Location?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by mikespe, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I haven't updated to the new Beautiful Widget because I really like the "old" Sense UI look (I have backed up the program with Astro). I went to my Mom's place which is about an hour from where I live. I just got back home and noticed that it is still reading my Mom's city and not my home. I tried deleting the widget and re-adding it, refreshing the weather with the refresh button, turning off/on geolocation, and I just tried powering down the Droid and powered back up. The weather STILL shows my Mom's place. I am running Home++ and I eave went back the stock home screen and deleted any widgets I had there...nothing worked.

I know there won't be any more updates to the old version of BW and I am assuming he won't give support to those of us who prefer the older version since HTC will probably slap a lawsuit on him for it. Does this mean I have to update the "new look" or switch to Weather Widget Donate if I want the look of Sense UI?

Thanks
  2. Lady Droid

Lady Droid New Member

3. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Thanks Lady Droid (nice nick by the way :)...I'll add my link to your post too since my results are slightly different than yours.
  4. Lady Droid

Lady Droid New Member

Thanks, Mike :)

Mine was stuck on my city's location even though I'm at my parents now, so I did have the same problem, but after uninstalling/reinstalling and doing everything else you did, it showed "N/A" after I put in a location during initial setup.
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I had a feeling we were gonna start seeing this. HTC is gonna get their way and the 'old' Beautiful widgets will eventually no longer work. They'll have Google tweak something on the server side so it won't refresh.... just a guess :icon_evil:
  6. Mayze

Mayze New Member

I use the old version 2.36 and it works fine for me. Still updates regularly.
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Good to know... I was just throwing a theory out there... I've stuck with the new one... it's alright... waiting to see if it improves.
  8. Lady Droid

Lady Droid New Member

Yaaay! It's working again! Must've been a temporary issue :)
  9. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

why isn't it up yet?
  10. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Mine is working again too. But Martian's theory about HTC makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like that! I am SOOOOO happy I didn't buy the Eris!
  11. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

IF Google makes another change on thier side the developeR will fix it, but if that happens it WILL render the old look useless I believe since he can't update it. Having said that. The new look wa also down for a bit yesterday and is now working agian. I would bet the problem was on the server side
  12. lauriep

lauriep New Member

I have the new(er) version of BW, and my location/weather update were not working this morning, but are ok now. Must be issues somewhere else in the system...
Search tags for this page

beautiful widget location

beautiful widgets weather not updating

beautiful widret wont update new lication
weather beautiful widgets does not change location