Beautiful Widget OLD Not Updating Weather Location?

mikespe

Reaction score
I haven't updated to the new Beautiful Widget because I really like the "old" Sense UI look (I have backed up the program with Astro). I went to my Mom's place which is about an hour from where I live. I just got back home and noticed that it is still reading my Mom's city and not my home. I tried deleting the widget and re-adding it, refreshing the weather with the refresh button, turning off/on geolocation, and I just tried powering down the Droid and powered back up. The weather STILL shows my Mom's place. I am running Home++ and I eave went back the stock home screen and deleted any widgets I had there...nothing worked.

I know there won't be any more updates to the old version of BW and I am assuming he won't give support to those of us who prefer the older version since HTC will probably slap a lawsuit on him for it. Does this mean I have to update the "new look" or switch to Weather Widget Donate if I want the look of Sense UI?

Thanks

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
Thanks Lady Droid (nice nick by the way :)...I'll add my link to your post too since my results are slightly different than yours.

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Thanks Lady Droid (nice nick by the way :)...I'll add my link to your post too since my results are slightly different than yours.

Thanks, Mike :)

Mine was stuck on my city's location even though I'm at my parents now, so I did have the same problem, but after uninstalling/reinstalling and doing everything else you did, it showed "N/A" after I put in a location during initial setup.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a feeling we were gonna start seeing this. HTC is gonna get their way and the 'old' Beautiful widgets will eventually no longer work. They'll have Google tweak something on the server side so it won't refresh.... just a guess :icon_evil:

Mayze

Reaction score
I use the old version 2.36 and it works fine for me. Still updates regularly.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use the old version 2.36 and it works fine for me. Still updates regularly.
Good to know... I was just throwing a theory out there... I've stuck with the new one... it's alright... waiting to see if it improves.

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
Mine is working again too. But Martian's theory about HTC makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like that! I am SOOOOO happy I didn't buy the Eris!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is working again too. But Martian's theory about HTC makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't put it past them to pull something like that! I am SOOOOO happy I didn't buy the Eris!

IF Google makes another change on thier side the developeR will fix it, but if that happens it WILL render the old look useless I believe since he can't update it. Having said that. The new look wa also down for a bit yesterday and is now working agian. I would bet the problem was on the server side

lauriep

Reaction score
I have the new(er) version of BW, and my location/weather update were not working this morning, but are ok now. Must be issues somewhere else in the system...