Battery went from 80% to 0%

anewday

Reaction score
I went to bed around 1am. When I woke up at 8am, the phone was off. So then I tried to power it on but there were enough power. The phone still has at least 80% of battery before I put it to sleep while I was in bed. I wonder what could've drained it so fast. I mean the phone works fine for weeks before this, it's not a battery issue afaik since it could easily last days on standby.

Anyone else experienced this? Is this a bug or what?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually some app that's gone psycho and can't stop running. Go to phone settings > About phone > Battery use to determine what's sucking the most juice. Usually "Display" is the biggest thing. What else is high on your list?

crspang

Reaction score
Did you happen to leave the browser active with Google as the home page? That'll keep GPS active.

OP
A

anewday

Reaction score
Voice calls 27%
Cell standby 10%
Phone idle 8%

I have gps, bluebooth, and wifi disabled. I suspect it could be due to synching.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to leave the browser active with Google as the home page? That'll keep GPS active.

Are you sure? Mine just uses GPS while "acquiring position" but then it stops using GPS when it's done.

Anyway, any number of apps could cause the battery to drain. Anything that uses GPS uses up the battery quickly.

OP
A

anewday

Reaction score
Xscope is still running even though I exited the app. Is this normal?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Voice calls 27%
Cell standby 10%
Phone idle 8%

I have gps, bluebooth, and wifi disabled. I suspect it could be due to synching.

Hm, I think that if synching was the problem then your list would include "Gmail", "Calendar", or "Contacts". What makes you think that synching is the issue?

If you go to phone settings > Accounts & sync and choose each of your accounts (if you have more than one) under "Manage accounts" you will see checkboxes for each google service...contacts, calendar, gmail. Is there a synch icon next to any one of those?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anewday, it seems that you don't know what a Task Manager/killer is. There are some free on the market, I'd highly suggest downloading one of them. You can choose to kill apps running in the background, thus saving you memory and sometimes battery too.

bomber889

Reaction score
Anewday, it seems that you don't know what a Task Manager/killer is. There are some free on the market, I'd highly suggest downloading one of them. You can choose to kill apps running in the background, thus saving you memory and sometimes battery too.

It was proven that an app killer/manager is not needed