Battery Not Recognized [Did I damage my phone?]

Reaction score
I'll keep it simple. My phone was on my portable table and I bumped into it and the phone fell two feet to floor.

Anyways it wouldn't recognize the battery [Extended Battery] so I would turn the phone on and off. At times it would recognize the battery and I'd lay it on the table. Come back to see the phone would be shut off itself and when I would turn it on, the battery once again would be unrecognized. This went on for a few hours before it finally stabilized itself. Not to forget that I would take the battery out, blow on it, and put it back in.

Here's another day where I put my phone on a hard surface and came back to see it shut off and again, when I turned it on, the battery would be unrecognized.

What I'm trying to say is that my phone is beyond sensitive. It's like I have to be extra careful and make there's no direct force between a surface and my phone. Does anyone know what I should do?? It seems that any moment that back of the phone is hit, the battery becomes unrecognized and i have to go through alot just to get it back to normal.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Idk what to say this is a first. Usually, phone that act that way is because the phone either:

1. Got wet inside or out.
2. The phone overcharged and the volt inside got messed up or melt from battery .
3. Alpha roms sometime have bugs or it cant read everything like sd card ext or ext and not fix ..
4. Bricks also can mess up a sd card but not a battery.

Last edited:

brroid

Reaction score
Is it possible that the battery contacts were slightly bent in the mishap? Check the obvious stuff first. It could be a bad connection. I hope I'm right.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
It could be completely possible your battery fried in the fall. Do you still have the stock battery? If so try that for a while and see if you get the same result. If so its the phone, if not its the battery...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What brand is the extended battery?? Moto devices are good for accepting aftermarket batteries for a while, only to reject them... my bionic did......

Try pulling the battery out for a few mins. But try installing the factory battery and see if it recognizes that battery. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TatDroid

Reaction score
My Bionic didn't "reject" my 3rd party extended battery, but it refused to calibrate to it. The battery meter would run down to 1% in the first 12 hours, and then would run for another 12 hours - reading 1% battery left the entire time.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah mine wouldn't recognize my battery.. it ticked me off... its my luck :shocked:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
- Using no ROM's
- Did Not Get Wet

I'll put in the stock battery and see what happens. And the extended battery is the official one, not a 3rd market one.