Hotspot / Phone Not recognized

rwhoover

Reaction score
Hello,
I asked this question back in April and unfortunately still have not found a solution.
Please help...
My Windows 7 PC does not recognize my unrooted Razr HD via hotspot.
Therefore, I can't connect to internet wirelessly via hotspot.

I can connect via USB tether without any problems.
I can connect via Bluetooth without any problems.
Yes, I have the updated drivers.
My wife's Razr M connects fine with all 3 connections: USB, Bluetooth AND hotspot.

When I first got the HD, my PC initially recognized my phone but would not connect.
Since that first time, my phone goes unrecognized unless using USB or Bluetooth.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

lloydsw

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, never got a response & still have the problem.

OP
R

rwhoover

Reaction score
Forgot to mention in my original post...
I CAN connect to PC using hotspot if I attach a 3rd party USB wireless dongle to the PC.
(I had one for an older PC that wasn't wireless.)
So, the PC will recognize my phone and connect hotsp0t via the additional USB dongle, but not via the PC's own wireless capabilities.
Does any of that make any sense?

OP
R

rwhoover

Reaction score
Anyone? Anyone? 250+ people viewing this thread, and no one has even a simple suggestion, idea, etc?

Lenae

Reaction score
Hotspot issues!!!

I had the same problem with the hotspot on my Motorola Razr M not connecting to my computer, and after an hour of speaking with Verizon Wireless Technical Support, they couldn't figure it out and had me send my phone back for a new one, only to have the new one have the same problem!!!!

They way I fixed this is as follows:

You have to get to the hotspot through your phone settings - if you just tap on the hotspot icon, you won't have access to an option that you need to successfully set up your connection.

So from the home screen, swipe to your settings - go to all settings - tethering and mobile hotspot - one touch connect

The "one touch connect" is the important part - it makes your hotspot discoverable to your computer. You then have to go back and tap the mobile hotspot on.

Your computer should now pick up your wireless connection, and you can continue with the setup through your computer.

I hope this helps!!

OP
R

rwhoover

Reaction score
Lenae,
You are awesome! Using the "one touch connect" feature worked! Don't know why I never tried that. Guess I never knew what it was.
I've posted my question on at least 3 different forums and contacted Windows Support, and you're the only one that was able to answer/fix this issue.
So simple. Thanks again. Rich

Lenae

Reaction score
You're very welcome Rich, I'm happy this helped, and I hope it helps other people. I scoured the internet looking for the solution, and couldn't find it anywhere...Verizon Wireless Tech Support was useless, very frustrated that they didn't know this simple fix!! Posted to other forums hoping to save others the headache :)

lloydsw

Reaction score
Even when I use the one-touch connect, I still get a connection with an IP address of 0.0.0.0, therefore no internet.