Battery Life

kc2pll

Reaction score
So I just got my GNex, and before even activating it, installed Bugless Jelly Bean. My battery is being eaten 10% an hour, is this supposed to happen? Is the phone just a juice drainer, or is it something else?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So I just got my GNex, and before even activating it, installed Bugless Jelly Bean. My battery is being eaten 10% an hour, is this supposed to happen? Is the phone just a juice drainer, or is it something else?

There are so many factors that can come into play with battery life, it is hard to say. Yes you most certainly can blow through 10% per hour if you are using the device. Heck, depending on a lot of variables, you could probably kill the battery in an hour or so. Comparing battery life between two people is basically useless. When cell reception, radios being uses, brightness, things synchronizing, sync settings, how you are using device....and tons of other things would be different between two different users.

Is the phone a juice drainer? Yes, but all smartphones are. With some change of settings, perhaps change of habits, and some other things you can probably get the battery life to something you are content with.

There are numerous threads that have tips to potentially improve your battery life. Since you are rooted and have JB there are additional tricks you can do. I will link to some in a little bit. There is a Battery section on these forums, with some generic tricks, and some with the GN in mind.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I'm noticing a faster battery drain on the BB JB builds compared to the ICS BB builds. I'm seeing about 30% less battery life with the same usage. I can't blame BB or JB it could be that the apps are not fine tuned for JB like they were with ICS. Thoughts? Anybody else seeing this?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'm noticing a faster battery drain on the BB JB builds compared to the ICS BB builds. I'm seeing about 30% less battery life with the same usage. I can't blame BB or JB it could be that the apps are not fine tuned for JB like they were with ICS. Thoughts? Anybody else seeing this?

While problematic apps could be part of it, my guess is something else is wacky as 30% is quite a bit. Do you use Google Now? If so, this is probably a part of it, perhaps all of it depending on your settings.

Use CPUSpy to see if your device is hitting deep sleep. Use GSAM Battery Monitor to see what processes are the thirstiest, and potentially problematic.