Battery life

JaBr1884

Reaction score
Most of the time there is a 5 to 10 second delay. However, if I am in an area with a weak 4g signal and I have the phone set to CDMA/LTE mode, it takes a bit longer.

There is also an option to have the wireless data turn off only after the screen is off AND no motion has been detected for a few minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Thanks Deron, the delay is what I was afraid of, I'll probably not take advantage of this due to the delay.

OP
Arsonman

Arsonman

Reaction score
I just want to say that as the OP of this thread you guys have convinced me, especially with the smart actions. I am a proud owner of a Razr.....Goodbye Thunderbolt. :icon_ banana:

Deron

Reaction score
Yes you can. What he said was that if you add the custom entry for "Cellular Data" Disable to Battery Extender it'll turn off 3G/4G so email and other background sync stuff may stop but calls and texts should continue like you're on the old 1X network. Be sure to test it out if you try it.

I have tested it. I have received calls and texts while cellular data is off. Try it and use a land line to call your phone.

Deron

Reaction score
Exactly what I was hoping for. I do have an issue though. Once the phone wakes up it doesn't seem to turn 4G back on (even after a minute). Do I need to make another rule to re-enable it when "screen on" or "charging"? EDIT: I've since added a "Screen On" = "Cellular Data Enabled" and it puts 4G back very quick...so I guess I don't mind having two rules. Either way, thanks!

I wonder If your 4g signal is weak when you wake the screen. If I am in an area that has a good signal, my 3g or4g network comes back on pretty quick.

Luvmyphone

Reaction score
I just want to say that as the OP of this thread you guys have convinced me, especially with the smart actions. I am a proud owner of a Razr.....Goodbye Thunderbolt. :icon_ banana:

Woot woot!! It's been a great one so far for me! I'm in love with mine. :biggrin:

Morydees

Reaction score
I wonder If your 4g signal is weak when you wake the screen. If I am in an area that has a good signal, my 3g or4g network comes back on pretty quick. Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
It's weird, it works immediately now that I made a separate rule to turn it back on. So all is well! Thanks for the help.

Deron

Reaction score
Welcome. Just happy to share what I discovered. Now if I can just get used to typing on this thing. I was used to my Droid X and now my fingers are tapping to high on the virtual keys. Hmmmm... should maybe try Swype.

Morydees

Reaction score
Hmmmm... should maybe try Swype.
Haha, this is my chance to return the favor. Regarding Swype, do it! It's a bit strange at first and might take a week or two to really appreciate but you'll never want to tap text again. Oddly enough I was a bit too accurate when I first started using it, trying to trace letters precisely. Turns out when you relax and casually swype your words the prediction is unreal. So give it a real shot and there's a good chance you'll love it.

Morydees

Reaction score
Swiftkey certainly is the best tap keyboard style with superior prediction but depending on the user it might not be as quick as Swype. Swype means no tapping but you have to finish the word whereas SK allows you to shorten it in lots of scenarios. So I usually recommend that people try Swype first and if they aren't used to the style or speed of it then definitely get Swiftkey. Honestly, either is a drastic improvement and makes living without a physical keyboard bearable :biggrin:

pico1

Reaction score
What is a good free app for your battery that gives you more detail.

Deron

Reaction score
What is a good free app for your battery that gives you more detail.

I second the recommendation for battery circle. It's a great, free app. I am using it to run my controlled battery experiments.

Deron

Reaction score
Haha, this is my chance to return the favor. Regarding Swype, do it! It's a bit strange at first and might take a week or two to really appreciate but you'll never want to tap text again. Oddly enough I was a bit too accurate when I first started using it, trying to trace letters precisely. Turns out when you relax and casually swype your words the prediction is unreal. So give it a real shot and there's a good chance you'll love it.

Trying it now. Yes there is a bit of a learning curve, but even now it is faster than what I was doing last night.

pico1

Reaction score
Not that I'm advocating this... but how is it when you are driving and you have no choice but to text in the heat of the moment? ;)