Battery life....

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are you all getting for battery life in 2.0 based on kernel, usage, and screen brightness? Loosely what should my battery life be?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to add mine is good but I think my battery stats are messed up. This rom performs very well.

Skull One

Reaction score
Battery life is too subjective to quantify. Voltage, top frequency, governor, cell signal, wifi signal, display time, display brightness, background applications and a dozen other things come into play. If anyone ever gives you an answer, it is useless to you unless they hand you their phone.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right it is subjective. I just wanted to make some comparisons. I just wiped my battery stats on a full charge like I should have done in the first place. I'll see how it goes.

inkdrink

Reaction score
RE:

My battery life has been stellar. Having seen little in the way of activity since 1.1, I went back to bouncing between MIUI, Cyanogen, and Bugless and seeing a significant drop in battery life, especially on MIUI. After being back on Sapphire since 2.0 dropped, I'm back to seeing my battery regularly last 30-36 hours, even with moderate use throughout the days. Even on days when I use my phone heavily, it will last me from 7 in the morning when I wake up until I toss it onto my cradle at 10 at night. This alone is reason enough for me to stay on this rom.

I just use the auto-brightness but drop the minimum brightness for auto to "13," I believe. I overclock to 1100 with 125 minimum and have one other profile for screen off that has min at 125 and max at 400. I rarely use wifi unless I'm at home near my cradle because it seems to drain the battery much quicker on standby. That's all I did, and my battery kicks as much ass as it ever did on Sapphire.

Last edited:
OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I always keep my screen on auto or lower than 60%. Auto sync and wifi always off. and I have my profiles set. I'll see what I get. Its been going pretty good since I wiped battery stats.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well good news. I know battery life is subjective and there are a lot of factors at play, but if anyone comes across this thread in the future they should know that battery life in sapphire seems to be very good. I am on hour 18 and still have 15%. Started on a full charge after wiping my batt stats on a full charge. Moderate use. Auto brightness. Auto sync and wifi off. *Edit: using 1.1mhz kernel (maxed to 1mhz) with set cpu profiles too

Last edited: