Battery Drained while charging on dock

daxstyles

Reaction score
I placed my Moto Droid in the home dock as I do every night. It was at ~60% charged. I checked to make sure it was charging before climbing into bed.

This morning when I retrieved the phone from the dock, the battery was at 3%. Nothing was amiss other than that. This is the first time this has happened. Anyone else have this happen?

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me before too, thought I was the only one. I think it's droid related and not charger though, as it only happened with my first droid, my second one's not had this happen to it.

AvaABC123

Reaction score
Anything further on this?
Same sort of thing happened to me too. Put the phone on the dock when I got home (it was down to 20%), double checked that it was charging before going to sleep, then took it off the charger at 8:30am and it was only at 50%. Huh? After being on the charger at lease 12 hours?

eqwalker

Reaction score
Add me to the list as well. Mine has done this twice and on two separate docks (one at work and the one at home). Seems like when I remove it from the dock and then put it back on it says full battery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody mentions what Droid or whether or not it's stock. If your Droid is rooted and is overclocked and you don't have your profiles set up correctly on SetCPU this kind of thing can happen.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had this happen twice. The most recent time was the other day. I was on Sapphire .7 and it was my first full day. Made it until 10:30 or 11:30 pm from coming off the charger at 5am and was at 70-80% charged. Put it on the charger and got up at 5am and it was 50% charged. I attributed it to not seating it correctly in the charger, yet the alarm clock mode did activate.

The first time it happened was long ago, no idea if it was stock or rooted back then as I've had the dock since early November.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had this happen, and the problem was that the cable wasn't plugged into the dock completely. Because the Droid was in the dock it went into multimedia mode, which meant the screen was constantly on, but there was no charging. Also our house is situated in a valley so cell reception was poor, resulting in an extra drain of the battery (we've since gotten a Network Extender).