Barnacle/Wireless Tether with Airport failure

kcg016

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was hoping you could help. Been researching endlessly for a solution to what I think should be an easy fix...but have not been able to find anything with the search function on these forums or on google.

I've rooted my Droid Incredible. Installed and tried both Barnacle AND Wireless Tether (with the file) and both seem to be running successfully with no error messages on the phone's end. On my laptop, however, it doesn't pop up as a network to connect to on Airport, all it does is show it under the "Devices" portion. When I try to connect to them here in this section, I have no internet browsing capabilities.

I don't know much about networks...but I assume since these programs operate in ad hoc mode is why it's showing up in airport that way? Appreciate any help! Thank you in advanced!

kc

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry but, can you define "airport"?

DroidForums junkie!!

Dustin.

Reaction score
He's using a Mac, macs WiFi scanning software is called airport lol.

But I could never get it to work on the Macs at my school, I don't know why. I know there's a few users on the forums that have Macs, just wait for one of them to see this or PM one as soon as you find one.

Sorry I couldn't help you to the extent that you needed, hopefully this will point you in the right direction with using the search button :p

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gotcha! Thanks! :)

He's using a Mac, macs WiFi scanning software is called airport lol.

But I could never get it to work on the Macs at my school, I don't know why. I know there's a few users on the forums that have Macs, just wait for one of them to see this or PM one as soon as you find one.

Sorry I couldn't help you to the extent that you needed, hopefully this will point you in the right direction with using the search button :p

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
K

kcg016

Reaction score
I don't know to much about tethering and/or the Incredible... but I downloaded this app (but for d1) and it works flawlessly. Give it a try, if it doesn't work someone else can probably help you.

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Sent using Droid Forum app.

Yes, I actually already tried that one and end up with the same results. Under traffic, nothing is being uploaded or downloaded after an initial second, though like I said it all seems to be working fine with no errors. I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong or it has to do with the phone showing in the devices section.