Barcode Scanners..Anyone

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Need some advice for downloading a barcode scanner. I used androidtapp.com and downloaded one but it only scanned 1D codes not the 2D QR codes from a computer screen or magazines for videos and whatever. So I dragged it to the trash can on my screen and got rid of it. Could someone give me a site that actually worked for downloading a working QR barcode scanner?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried Barcode Scanner?

Also if you just drag it to the trashcan you're just getting rid of the icon not the program itself. you'll have to go to Settings --> applications --> all? (not sure how it works on the X) and find it and uninstall it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is one called barcode scanner by "ZXing", works for everything i've done with it, including QR codes.

PS Barcode scanner also has incorporated google shopper, if you have that installed.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
shop savvy scans all barcodes and will also search the internet and use your current location for the closest place to buy an item if you scan a product barcode.

OP
A

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Yea I realized that after I went to my app screen and saw it still there, im sure Ill figure out how to uninstall it, as for now im still lookin for a scanner

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
shop savvy scans all barcodes and will also search the internet and use your current location for the closest place to buy an item if you scan a product barcode.

While that's a good app, the latest update added some (to me at least) useless stuff, like devoting 1/3 of the screen for recently scanned items. Not by you, but by anyone using the app.

OP
A

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Uugh was there some other app or system that needs to be downloaded before zxing? I downloaded it and tto my amazement once again it won't pick up the QR codes just upc labels ha I just want the qr to freakin work.
There is one called barcode scanner by "ZXing", works for everything i've done with it, including QR codes.

PS Barcode scanner also has incorporated google shopper, if you have that installed.

OP
A

asteDroidx

Reaction score

While that's a good app, the latest update added some (to me at least) useless stuff, like devoting 1/3 of the screen for recently scanned items. Not by you, but by anyone using the app.
Are you using a different app for QR codes. Im about to try scan savvy because zxing wasn't scanning them either. I got to figure this out

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do the search under Barcode Scanner, not ZXing. ZXing is the team that made it and you may have installed an add-on instead of the app itself. Barcode Scanner does the QR codes fine.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-google-zxing-client-android-xzA.aspx is the app in Androlib.com. Or see it in operation at [video=youtube;G_ry2vNeYOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ry2vNeYOw&playnext=1&list=PL2E63CB3E9BA6D25C[/video]

Last edited:

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can have just your scanned history. Just turn on History Mode in the settings.

OP
A

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Do the search under Barcode Scanner, not ZXing. ZXing is the team that made it and you may have installed an add-on instead of the app itself. Barcode Scanner does the QR codes fine.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-google-zxing-client-android-xzA.aspx is the app in Androlib.com. Or see it in operation at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ry2vNeYOw&playnext=1&list=PL2E63CB3E9BA6D25C
Wow that link was exactly what I needed, I searched on zxing and found an app, scans both codes

katrinamck

Reaction score
I can't seem to get any Baroda scanner to work...they just keep trying to focus never scanning! I've tried at least 4 to no avail. What could I be doing wrong?

Sent from my INCREDIBLE using DroidForums App

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The trick for me is hold the barcode farther away. About 10 inches away from the phone. Also put the item on something stable, (in the store let the item sit on the shelf) to prevent it from shaking.

Also cameras need light, so any barcode scanning without enough of it is a no go. I use barcode scanner with my incredible. Best of luck

katrinamck

Reaction score
Thanks! I used Google shopper further away and it worked.

Sent from my DINC using DroidForums App