Bad app or 2.0.1 bug?

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm guessing the first, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been seeing it. After some usage (and ever since 12/11) when the search bar on the top of the home page is tapped it doesn't respond normally...the bottom half highlights orange, any text input appears in half hight font, but the system doesn't respond to whatever was entered (search won't work at all). Everything else on the phone is funtioning normally, though. Hard reset via the battery brings everything back to normal, at least until it happens again.

Anyone else seeing anything like it, or am I on my way to a VW store?

JayMonster

Reaction score
One thing you can try first (though I am doubtful it will be a permanent fix) is to remove the Search Widget from the Desktop and then simply put it back (long press on the desktop and choose widgets)

But I think you answered your own question. If a hard reset fixes the problem "for a while" but then once you put your apps back in, it happens again... it is one of the apps.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Just remove that search widget. It's redundant anyway, and just wastes screen space. Touch the Search button at the bottom right to do the same thing, or long-touch for voice search.