Bug: Folder won't open

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I've had this happen a couple times, I searched the bug forum for "folder" and didn't see anything.

I have a folder on one of my home screens that I keep downloaded games in, occasionally I'll have a situation where I cannot open the folder at all. It's still responsive, if I hold it I can move it and everything else normal, but the folder itself just simply will not open, the only fix seems to be a reboot. Anyone have anything similar, any thoughts on what would be causing this?

Crewski

Reaction score
I just came across this issue as well today. The odd thing is I have 3 other folders on my home screen that open just fine. My "app" folder is the one having issues. Like you said, I can long press it to move it around or delete it (probably), but it will not open.

Saltpannes

Reaction score
I have the same issue, and it started yesterday (12/4). First it happened with the folder where I keep my direct-dial phone #s, then it happened with my "cool apps" folder. If I delete and re-add the folder (and add all the numbers back), it will open. Weird.

Saltpannes

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest update of pandahome, and now my folders open.

Crewski

Reaction score
I am running the stock Home screen, so that should rule out any apps. Obviously an issue with 2.0 itself.

Dream

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my first droid. On droid #4 now.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
By chance have you installed and uninstalled dolphin browser? This seems to be a known problem with dolphin that something isn't uninstalling correctly and might be malicious. It made it so numerous icons wouldnt open for me and I had to hard reset.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had this issue, i just rebooted the phone and has worked fine ever since.

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
By chance have you installed and uninstalled dolphin browser? This seems to be a known problem with dolphin that something isn't uninstalling correctly and might be malicious. It made it so numerous icons wouldnt open for me and I had to hard reset.

I have not installed dolphin browser.

Yes, a reboot fixes it, but this has sprung up a couple times on me now after rebooting. can't source the issue yet, haven't had a lot of time to play with it this weekend.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I am having this problem too - and just one folder for me too. I have in fact installed and uninstalled Dolphin. Power off and back on fixed it for now.

segen77

Reaction score
what are the names of the folder that wont open? maybe it's related to that

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Gallery only appears after I take a photo

Hello all,
My gallery folder on my phone won't open, it says application not found on phone. If I take a photo, the gallery will work.

This seemed to coincide with the 2.1 update from Verizon/Goggle. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Mike:motdroidhoriz:

Phluffy

Reaction score
I registered to the forums just to post that I'm also having the same issue. It has sprung up maybe a dozen times since I got the phone, which was near the first release, and has continued to do it after the official Verizon OTA update to 2.1. The folder that is effected is not always the same one, but I've never had two a the same time. I know this is only minimal extra information, but I thought it might help.

alanbk

Reaction score
I have the same problem. 100% stock, running Helix Launcher. Never rooted. A reboot does solve it. I get it a couple times a week.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
had that happen before i was rooted, after I was rooted, so I just use app organizer from the market. Its much better.