Bug: Folder won't open

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by blinden, Dec 4, 2009.

1. blinden

blinden New Member

I've had this happen a couple times, I searched the bug forum for "folder" and didn't see anything.

I have a folder on one of my home screens that I keep downloaded games in, occasionally I'll have a situation where I cannot open the folder at all. It's still responsive, if I hold it I can move it and everything else normal, but the folder itself just simply will not open, the only fix seems to be a reboot. Anyone have anything similar, any thoughts on what would be causing this?
  2. Crewski

Crewski New Member

I just came across this issue as well today. The odd thing is I have 3 other folders on my home screen that open just fine. My "app" folder is the one having issues. Like you said, I can long press it to move it around or delete it (probably), but it will not open.
  3. Saltpannes

Saltpannes New Member

I have the same issue, and it started yesterday (12/4). First it happened with the folder where I keep my direct-dial phone #s, then it happened with my "cool apps" folder. If I delete and re-add the folder (and add all the numbers back), it will open. Weird.
  4. Saltpannes

Saltpannes New Member

I downloaded the latest update of pandahome, and now my folders open.
  5. Crewski

Crewski New Member

I am running the stock Home screen, so that should rule out any apps. Obviously an issue with 2.0 itself.
  6. Dream

Dream New Member

I had the same issue with my first droid. On droid #4 now.
  7. medicTHREE

medicTHREE New Member

By chance have you installed and uninstalled dolphin browser? This seems to be a known problem with dolphin that something isn't uninstalling correctly and might be malicious. It made it so numerous icons wouldnt open for me and I had to hard reset.
  8. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

I had this issue, i just rebooted the phone and has worked fine ever since.
  9. blinden

blinden New Member

I have not installed dolphin browser.

Yes, a reboot fixes it, but this has sprung up a couple times on me now after rebooting. can't source the issue yet, haven't had a lot of time to play with it this weekend.
  10. andrewdoane

andrewdoane New Member

I am having this problem too - and just one folder for me too. I have in fact installed and uninstalled Dolphin. Power off and back on fixed it for now.
  11. segen77

segen77 New Member

what are the names of the folder that wont open? maybe it's related to that
  12. MikeDroid

MikeDroid New Member

Gallery only appears after I take a photo

Hello all,
    My gallery folder on my phone won't open, it says application not found on phone. If I take a photo, the gallery will work.

This seemed to coincide with the 2.1 update from Verizon/Goggle. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Mike:motdroidhoriz:
  13. Phluffy

Phluffy New Member

I registered to the forums just to post that I'm also having the same issue. It has sprung up maybe a dozen times since I got the phone, which was near the first release, and has continued to do it after the official Verizon OTA update to 2.1. The folder that is effected is not always the same one, but I've never had two a the same time. I know this is only minimal extra information, but I thought it might help.
  14. alanbk

alanbk New Member

I have the same problem. 100% stock, running Helix Launcher. Never rooted. A reboot does solve it. I get it a couple times a week.
  15. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

had that happen before i was rooted, after I was rooted, so I just use app organizer from the market. Its much better.
  16. TammyBella

TammyBella New Member

Folder's not opening is causing me to make my first post

This is my first post. I'm more than frustrated with the phone after upgrading from my previously ancient phone 2 weeks ago. In the 2 weeks, i've spent hours on the phone with verizon, and then another 2 hours in the store with Verizon. They were helping me fix the problem I had with my phone rebooting on it's own. After 2 full system restores, it doesn't seem to be a problem any more. Everything seems to work great, and i'm beginning to have hope after all. However, the only problem is the folders i created on the home page aren't opening. It is ridiculous and frustrating. I have 2 folders. One folder has all my system shortcuts and message shortcuts. The other folder has all my "fun stuff," like shortcuts to games, browser, the Market, etc. I have trouble accepting that an application that i downloaded is causing this problem. However, Verizon keeps blaming the "free market" for all the problems i have had so far. I don't doubt it. A lot of the apps have access to a lot of different system functions that shouldn't be necessary. I hate that Verizon can't provide a list of safe and trusted applications for us. At least, I haven't found one yet and Verizon said they weren't going to ever do that because Verizon can't trust the makers of the apps. Regardless, long story short (too late for that), I have to suck it up and accept these problems. Otherwise, do another system restore and do as Verizon told me; download one app at a time, and give it 24 hours of test time before downloading another app.
Search tags for this page

android app folder won't open

cannot open dowmload folder andtoid

canot open download folder android

cant open downloads folder on my android

downloads folder not opening on android

droid won't open bearshare after it is downloaded

files folder wont open android

my downloads folder wont open android