Backup and restore to a different device

HDDroid

Reaction score
My original droid drowned and I was able to upgrade to the thunderbolt. Unfortunately decided to return it within the two weeks. I purchased a used droid and plan on waiting for the bionic or droid 3. Can I backup the thunderbolt and restore to the droid? Hate to have to redo contacts, saved game data, etc..? Also since the droid is used, should I do a factory restore or reset? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My original droid drowned and I was able to upgrade to the thunderbolt. Unfortunately decided to return it within the two weeks. I purchased a used droid and plan on waiting for the bionic or droid 3. Can I backup the thunderbolt and restore to the droid? Hate to have to redo contacts, saved game data, etc..? Also since the droid is used, should I do a factory restore or reset? Thanks

Saved game data can only be saved if you are rooted an you use Titanium. That may not help anyway because you can't restore it to a non rooted phone.

Contacts? This is a google phone. Your contacts are backed up by Gmail. The moment you sign into any Google phone your contacts are restored.

Apps: Purchased apps will be in your "My apps" section in the Market and should start restoring once you sign into Google, however Data does not go along with that.