Backing up Droid contacts to my PC ?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TxDoc, Nov 15, 2009.

1. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Can it simply be done by connecting with the USB-mini USB? I am not sure how to do this. Then, if something drastic happened and I need to reverse the process, how would that be done?

Any help is appreciated.
  2. gnxtra87

gnxtra87 New Member

It should back up automatically if you have a gmail account it sends them to your on line account at gmail.
  3. sir

sir New Member

i thought the contacts were auto-synced to Google, so in the event of an issue you can pull the contacts down from Google and be up and running?
  4. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

if you want to just click on contacts and then hit menu and import export, then export your contact list, and you can copy the file to your computer.
    1 person likes this.
  5. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

That is what I was wondering.

I was not aware of what gnxtra87 and sir referenced. I guess I left out the most important part, then. I took my old phone in to Best Buy and they transferred that info into the Droid. I just checked my account online at Gmail and it does not show them.

How can I get them backed up or transferred to the account or update my account? With the import/export, will that function mean you are transferring to a card or HD and not to the account?

Sorry for the lack of info provided.
  6. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

TxDoc,
    If you have a Google Account, especially if you use Gmail as your primary email, under Settings>Accounts make sure Google is turned ON and Contacts Calendar and Gmail are also all checked.
  7. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Thanks unix.punkx. After I enabled them, the contacts that are on my Droid (which were transfered from my old phone) do not show up on my gmail account thru my pc. I must either not be describing the situation correctly or not understanding.
  8. Alyssa01

Alyssa01 New Member

Yupp, this is vary simple one. You can easily make up the contacts back up and transfer it with via Bluetooth or usb. Method is go to your contacts press menu and select location of it and then start up this. Depending upon your phone specifications and no of contacts, your back up will made.
  9. Mike.757

Mike.757 Well-Known Member

Make sure your sync is turned on. You can also manually push a sync. As long as contacts is selected, your contacts will sync with Google.

Go to Settings/Google then select your email account. Then ensure the box next to " Sync Contacts" is checked.
    1 person likes this.
  10. JaydenMichael

JaydenMichael New Member

Well, just for safety's sake´╝îI suggest you to use an andriod file manager. Things would be very easy once you use an app to help, and I always use Amacsoft Andriod Manager to help me to transfer contacts from andriod phone to computer. Have a try, good luck!
  11. Jejunasea

Jejunasea New Member

Backup is really an important thing for us, especially for the contacts on our Android phone! So if you want to backup Android contacts to pc, i'd like to give you an advice here, that is, iPubsoft Android Desktop Manager, which i just used! Wish it will offer help! :happy3:
  12. ananDay

ananDay New Member

If you need to back up Android phone contacts to PC,I have a method for your reference,I suggest you use some software to back up your Android phone contacts to computer,a professional software,Not only can you quickly backup Android phone contacts to PC,but also can save a lot of trouble,sun as iStonsoft Android File Manager
    Follow these steps to Copy Android phone contacts to PC
    Step 1. Download and run the software on Windows computer
    Step 2. Connect Android phone to Computer
    Step 3. Hit "Contacts" to transfer contents from Android phone to computer
    Step 4. Hit "Backup" button to export contacts from Android to Computer
    Step 5. Restore the exported contacts from Android phone to PC

This a guide : How to Backup/Transfer Android phone contacts to PC/Computer
  13. sarahcheah

sarahcheah New Member

You can use Google sync to backup your Android contacts to the PC. You first need to log in to Google mail and then select the export link and save the file. You need to create a file so as to export your contacts to the computer. You can then upload your contacts to Gmail to sync the contacts to your phone and you have a back up set up with that.
  14. sarahcheah

sarahcheah New Member

You can use Google sync to backup your contacts from Android to PC. You first need to log in to Google mail and then select the export link and save the file. You need to create a file so as to export your contacts to the computer. You can then upload your contacts to Gmail to sync the contacts to your phone and you have a back up set up with that.
Search tags for this page

backing up contacts on droid

backup droid contacts

copy contacts from droid to computer
droid backing up contacts

droid backup contacts

droid contact backup
how do i transfer my contacts from my android to my computer

how to backup contacts on droid

how to transfer contacts from android to computer
how to transfer contacts from droid to computer
how to transfer my contacts from my android to my computer