How to connect Droid to PC?

Budarooski

Reaction score
Where can I get the cable, and is there any apps that will allow me to back up my contacts to my PC via a USB cable?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Where can I get the cable, and is there any apps that will allow me to back up my contacts to my PC via a USB cable?

Your charging cable is also your data/connect-to-pc cable.

Google works in a cloud system and your contacts are saved via the cloud. So you don't have to backup your contacts.

If you don't feel safe with that option alone, there are apps that will allow you to backup various information on your phone.

joshua117

Reaction score
the cable came with your droid. usb/data cable, you may have it plugged into the outlet using it as a wall charger.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The cable is the same one that came with your charger. There are apps available to back up your apps and contacts, but keep in mind that this is a google product so you're backed up there as well.

You will use your pc for installing things into your SD card (or removing). You hook up the cable, you'll have a drop down on your Droid asking you if you want to mount, say yes, and your droid will pop up on your pc.

OP
B

Budarooski

Reaction score

Google works in a cloud system and your contacts are saved via the cloud. So you don't have to backup your contacts.

Sorry for the dumb question, but my contacts were entered manually into my phone and they do not appear in my gmail account, so exactly how are they automatically backed up, and where in the cloud environment are they backed up.

Second question, how can I get all my contacts added to my gmail account. When I log into gmail on my pc, I do not see these contacts.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I connect with the USB that came with the phone and then drag my entire SD card to my hard drive.

Mike

OP
B

Budarooski

Reaction score
I just found Sprite-Back for the PC...it claims to backup and restore everything, so I'll try that tonight when I get home.