Back falls off easy...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by jsaggie, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Kevin8se7en

Kevin8se7en Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's pretty tight... that's what she said.

But in all seriousness, mine is somewhat difficult to take off. eBay has some thin silicone cases that look nice. They don't really protect the phone like a body glove case but it would prevent the battery cover from coming off and will provide some protection.

IMO Body Glove and plastic cases are just too massive.. they make any phone feel and look like a house phone lol.

2. jbr13

jbr13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lost mine on Sunday, called Verizon and bought a new one ($4.99) and they shipped it two day fedex.

To keep mine from coming off again I used a sticker that I usually but on al my phones. Saves from picking up someone elses.

Here ya go

[​IMG]

3. orestes107

orestes107 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had too much trouble with this but I have noticed the cover coming loose and fell off 1 time while in a store which was somewhat embarassing. An easy fix that I just did was to just use my fingers to slightly bend the metal "clips" inward at the narrow part. Made it a little hard to put the cover back on but now it's solid.

4. DougFNJ

DougFNJ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great suggestion, either bend the clips, or I very carefully ever so slightly bent the cover in from center so the clips basically grap a little tighter due to the slight tension I added.

5. eetu

eetu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I picked up my DROID I went through about 4. 1 had a battery cover that basically just slipped off, 2 were a little more solid, and the 4th was almost impossible to remove. I took that one.

I'd recommend you just go to your store and have them swap out phones/backs until you are satisfied!

6. lopan

lopan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too , If my battery was coming off easy, I'd take the phone back, infact I check for this kinda crap before I even leave the store the phone. Of course some people got theirs in the mail.

7. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I must be one of the lucky ones that got a very snug cover. I keep mine in my pants pocket as well but I wear loose jeans so I doubt it will be an issue.

8. Rickos

Rickos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A small piece of tape did the trick with me..:icon_ banana:

9. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    I think the thing that worked best for me, was sticking the business card back there. It was snug as heck afterwards. Though i do have another back coming on monday to see if it fixes it, if not then i will keep the business card. I don't take the back off very often seeing as i don't need to. I don't mind having to put it there, even though i know i shouldn't have to.

10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    it's not about clothes being too tight making my droid's back fall off. i have never put my phone in my pocket. my back falls off all the time and i have no idea why. i just look down and my back is missing and i have to go find it.

11. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G6
    mine has fallen off a couple times as well, this seems like a good cheap solution. my cover fits tighter now:icon_ banana:

12. Breakmyfootoff

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had mine for over a week now and havent had any trouble from the battery cover. I was pretty worried about this issue while I was waiting for mine to come in the mail since I had read about several people losing the battery covers from their phones. I had to take the cover off of mine to get the esn for activation, and I noticed mine has a black foam grip pad thingy stuck to the inside of the cover. To those that have had problems with the cover, did your droid come with this pad attached to it, or is this something Motorola started putting in to fix the issue?

Search tags for this page
back of blackjack phone keeps falling off
back of droid x keeps falling off
droid 2 film coming off when i open the phone
droid x back cover falls off

droid x battery cover falls off

milestone x2 back fall off
my phone cover keeps coming off
the back of my android global is coming off
the back of my phone keeps falling off
verizon droid can the back cover come off