Battery Cover Falling off

struong57

Reaction score
I know this subject has been brought up in the past and I never really paid attention to it because I didn't have a problem with my battery cover coming off. However, starting a few days ago, I would pull my motorola droid out of my pants pocket to find that the battery cover has fallen off.

Anyone have an easy and effective solution for this?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take a business card, cut it down to a square the size of the small black pad on the back of the batter door, place it on the door and put your door back on.

Or

Contact Motorola and they will send you a free replacement.

Or

Go to Verizon's website and order one of their free battery door replacements.

Or

Use the search function and find all of these exact answers in older threads. :icon_wink:

pdm0376

Reaction score
Go to Motorola.com and chat with a rep and order one for free. I got mine in two days doing that. Free of charge. It's a known problem so their giving replacements. You can try verizons site as well but they've been on backorder

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to Motorola.com and chat with a rep and order one for free. I got mine in two days doing that. Free of charge. It's a known problem so their giving replacements. You can try verizons site as well but they've been on backorder

Answered this question 5 minutes ago. Right above your post.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
or get a silicone case for your droid like i did. never had this problem. just dont get the body glove case cause its a piece of crap.

bbtkd

Reaction score

Also note that the replacements are improved to reduce the chances of coming off. I believe they used a thicker adhesive foam pad. I have had no further issues since getting the newer design cover. Shimming, as mentioned above, may accomplish the same thing.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
body glove case blows. after a week the front part was popping off every time i used the phone, and if the phone ever freezes and you have to take the battery out. it is a HUGE pain in the ass to get the back of the case off the phone. DO NOT BUY THE BODY GLOVE CASE. i returned my body glove case that was 30 bucks at the verizon store and got a silicone case that was 16 bucks. have had no probles whatsoever and it protects the phone really well.

snowman

Reaction score
Big Russ just so you know there are a lot of different body glove cases
I love the one I have it's great but Silicone is good also
i posted a link for mine