Awesome Site!

Neil1979

Reaction score
Hello I am from Middle Tennessee. I am still new to the Droid family but have been playing with my droid (very addictive) and found this forum to be very, very helpful. I have only made a few posts but have been greatful of your "How To" posts.

I have a OG Droid with 2.2.2. I am currently running
Droid Overclock (at 800 max)
Busybox Installer
History Eraser
and Root Tools (changed drop down "Verizon Wireless" to "Go Big or Go Home") for modifing and tuning my phone to my liking.. I have purchased a few other apps but yesterday I changed the sd card to a new 16gig class 10 and had issues (due to my lack of experience) and needless to say I eventually bricked my phone trying to get everything to work but used one of your tutorials to bring it back to life by taking it all back to stock form. I have re-rooted and installed a few apps (and created a few backups "learned this lesson the hard way") but I haven't had time to reset everything.
I have tried changing the rom (before bricking) but seem to have had temp issues. With the roms I have tried my phone idle temp has went up 20-30 degrees.

Thanks for all the help everyone and I look forward to using more of your tutorials (as I guess you can tell I can't just leave well enough alone).

Neil

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Great to have u here. Glad to read that the forum has helped u out a lot. Continue the joys of Android...

sent from either Droid2Global or Xoom...the Hawaiian style

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF, glad to have you on board!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
welcome and yes

welcome and if your on verizon this is the place to be.
I although still have my droid have switched ot tmobile to play with a dual core 4g speed phone (g2x) and i can tell you i have searched and there is nothing like df for other carriers.

I really wish they would put a section on here for dual core phones on all carriers or something. xda has good info but it doesnt seem like home like it does here.
here we have had family type convo's, sick brothers, happy births, family spats you name it its been fun :) and than there is all the good info too :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Like you, I'm still using my OG Droid. You are not the first to have issues after installing a different SD card. Glad you were able to find information on DF that assisted in the recovery.