Awesome homescreen setup

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Has anyone else gave this a try? I read about it on android blog yesterday and decided to give it a try today. It took me a while to find the best size for the icons and i'm sure with a little more tweaking i could get it better, but i think its pretty sweet :

desktop.jpg

You use launcher pro plus and desktop visualizer to achieve this affect. The tricky part is getting the pixel size just right for it to fit. Im using a droid x and my settings are

Horizontal icons - 355x132
Vertical icons - 141x355

You will have to mess around to see where yours fit. To do it you just set launcher pro plus up, go in to preferences, advanced, and select 5 rows. Then you add the desktop visualizer widget 1x2 and use your picture to resize it. Take away the label if you put the label on yourself in the image. It took me about an hour and a half, but im not that great with photo editing. I used regular old MS paint. If anyone else does it, post a pic!

Last edited:

211SSW

Reaction score
While I'm well past initial setup with my Thunderbolt, I'm constantly reading to figure out enhancements that would be appealing. This is my first smartphone.
The newbie in me is showing - I have no idea what function exists on this picture screen. I would greatly appreciate knowing what the expectations are with a picture screen like this as I've never seen one like it but clearly, the person who set it up was expecting it to do a lot in place of the many things I have on my home screen.. Since I have my most often used icons on my homescreen, & on second page, a people widget (9 people, each set with most used default action).
I'm constantly unable to do updates due to low memory on phone (I use app called "move to sd card & have all possible moved to card) so my interest is toward anything that would offer function without using memory. I often clear cache in attempts to open some space. have NO music but some pictures on the phone but many heavily used apps.
I've gone from no knowledge of how to use a smartphone & little knowledge of what function to expect to now knowing enough to see that alternate ways of using a phone can create worthwhile increased function - it's possible that this setup offers just that here but I can't tell without help.
It would be grand if there were more help offered beyond what the sales person does at Verizonwireless after purchase. I took a couple classes at that store & that was helpful but I find I still am.learning at a fairly steep learning curve. Most people are not willing to do as much reading as I do - there must be a different way to accomplish the same. I'm really tired of 'learning' this way as it's not as fast as I need it to be. That manual, all 336 pages of it is not an effective manner for learning as the tiny pages aren't likely to be printed anytime soon. A different setup of that would be a big improvement.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
Has anyone else gave this a try? I read about it on android blog yesterday and decided to give it a try today. It took me a while to find the best size for the icons and i'm sure with a little more tweaking i could get it better, but i think its pretty sweet :

desktop.jpg

You use launcher pro plus and desktop visualizer to achieve this affect. The tricky part is getting the pixel size just right for it to fit. Im using a droid x and my settings are

Horizontal icons - 355x132
Vertical icons - 141x355

You will have to mess around to see where yours fit. To do it you just set launcher pro plus up, go in to preferences, advanced, and select 5 rows. Then you add the desktop visualizer widget 1x2 and use your picture to resize it. Take away the label if you put the label on yourself in the image. It took me about an hour and a half, but im not that great with photo editing. I used regular old MS paint. If anyone else does it, post a pic!

I'm not really into Pokemon so this doesn't really do it for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2