AVOID this AC charger at all costs...

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I forgot my original charger in a hotel 4 hours from my house and went to a local VZW store (Cellular Connection) and they only had one charger.

"Travel Home Wall Charger for Motorola Droid A855 / CLIQ"

And it looks like this:

31HC10WXcGL._SS500_.jpg

When I plugged it in, it would literally take over my phone and start doing random things and starting random apps.

For example, the first time I noticed it, I was looking at it do random stuff and it ended up calling my voicemail while my hands weren't even on it.

Even when my phone was on the slide unlock screen, after 30 seconds, it'd actually end up sliding it to open it and it'd go crazy again open up apps, texting, phone calls, etc.

Needless to say, the charger just stopped working.

I recommend to stay away from this at all costs.

Here's an amazon page that has it where you can read the terrible reviews from others who had it and are saying the same thing.

Amazon.com: Travel Home Wall Charger for Motorola Droid A855 / CLIQ: Cell Phones & Service

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is a known issue with this charger, But thanks for the reminder :)

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
This is a known issue with this charger, But thanks for the reminder :)

Yea, well actually my dad bought it for me while I was at the hospital (Appendix decided it wanted to get taken out) and it was the only one they had which cost $34 total so he bought it.

I have no idea why that thing is on the shelfs at a store.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I did some testing on this charger with a very expensive dc tester my friend owns... this charger barely puts out enough power to accomplish anything... it's shows on the auto test as a defective battery... on the dc test it shows switching back and forth from +/- as if it's putting out 5v ac... lucky it didn't break your droid.

Detonation

Reaction score
I forgot my original charger in a hotel 4 hours from my house and went to a local VZW store (Cellular Connection) and they only had one charger.

Yea, well actually my dad bought it for me while I was at the hospital (Appendix decided it wanted to get taken out) and it was the only one they had which cost $34 total so he bought it.

Did you just feel like changing your story or what?

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score

Did you just feel like changing your story or what?

Does it matter who bought it?

Lemme know if it does...but the 2nd is just an indepth story...

But yea, let me know if how I bought it has ANY thing to do with it's performance...:icon_ banana:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why that thing is on the shelfs at a store.
I'd guess because not all micro USB devices have capacitive touch screens.

Not sure why it's listed for the Droid on Amazon but I'd be leery based on the price.

Last edited: